Logi Nu
Myshkingfh

Disassemble z-2300 subwoofer? Or remove stuff from inside some other way?

We got a z2300 speaker system for Christmas, and my son put anything he could find that would fit into the sub woofer hole. I'd obviously like to get it all out. Is there a disassembly guide on the internet somewhere? Any other suggestion for getting out like 25 legos and ear rings from the inside of the sub woofer?
Logi Guru
Patboy

Re: Disassemble z-2300 subwoofer? Or remove stuff from inside some other way?

Hi, there is no other way but to remove the back. This will void your warranty though. Next time, put the sub somewhere where your son can't reach it. :smileyhappy:
PC Specs: C2Q Q6600 @2.4Ghz, 3gb DDR2 memory, ATI Radeon HD2600PRO, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Logitech Z-5500, Logitech Z-5300e, Logitech Z-2300e Logitech EX110, Logitech Quick Cam Chat, Logitech diNovo for keyboard, Logitech VX Revolution, Samsung SyncMaster 203B, LG 206WTQ
Logi Master
REDNOSEPITBULL

If you have small hands you might be able to stick your hand trough the port hole and get them out other wise you will have to open it up but it will void your warranty like patboy already stated
Logi Guru
kay188

LOL...

Haha, that's a funny story :smileyhappy:

But yes, do as patboy described.
But you'll void your warranty.
Google is your friend. GOOGLE IT.
Logi Nu
blackinches

[ Edited ]

I Googled and found very little information. It is not necessary to remove the back. In fact, that seems more complicated than what I did:

1. With the Z-2300 system turned ON, unplug the power cord. Wait until the blue LED has faded on the volume control. This is just a safety precaution to drain the capacitors. You'll be sticking your hand in a box with a powerful 120VAC transformer.
  2. Pry off the grill. It's held in place by force and a small amount of hot glue, but it's possible to remove and replace it without much damage.
  3. Unscrew the 8 wood screws to remove the subwoofer.
  4. Disconnect the subwoofer wires.

A few pictures: Z-2300 Disassembly