Logi Nu
Lawcom
Accepted Solution

LS11 speaker problem

I tried to connect the LS11 speakers to the sound jack at the back of my computer..

I do not have sound card but a built in audio in the motherboard ( ms2-mx) the system recognises a new piece of hardware and asks for the software to be installed... as it is built in I can not direct it to a sound card..

Do I need to buy another sound card or is there a way to get it to work ? There are no drivers or software available for this product..

Anyone got a suggestion ?

Using Windows XP

Logi Guru
Patboy

Re: LS11 speaker problem

Hi, what do you see when you go into control panel, then, sounds?
PC Specs: C2Q Q6600 @2.4Ghz, 3gb DDR2 memory, ATI Radeon HD2600PRO, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Logitech Z-5500, Logitech Z-5300e, Logitech Z-2300e Logitech EX110, Logitech Quick Cam Chat, Logitech diNovo for keyboard, Logitech VX Revolution, Samsung SyncMaster 203B, LG 206WTQ
Logi Guru
Logi Guru
BLH

[ Edited ]

Your on board sound. Should act just like an added sound card.

The LS11 is an amplified set of speakers and should not need any drivers.

Did you make sure the Sound Chips drivers where installed?

What results do you get when you follow the users guides step 3 in the Control Panel?

Also in the sound setup I would use 2 channel where the LIME 3.5 mm jack is the sound output and the other jacks are not being set to do things like center channel and surround out.

Message Edited by BLH on 01-04-2009 05:26 AM
Logi Nu
Lawcom

The sound section in my control panel is greyed out and cannot be accessed... as if it does not recognise a sound card is installed ?

there are obviously sound in/output at the back which is hard wired in to the motherboard

There are codec showing in the system management ..

Any ideas ?

Logi Guru
Logi Guru
BLH

If the Sound Applet is greyer out you will get no sound from the motherboard.

I would make double sure in the BIOS Setup for the Motherboard that the on board sound is not disabled.

Did you use the ASUS Setup CD to install the sound drivers? If not that can also be the problem.

In Device Manager is there a Sound Card showing and is there a RED X or Yellow ! on that entry?

Logi Nu
Lawcom

Thanks for your help mate.. I sussed it out earlier and it was a problem with the drivers for the mother board, I didn't put it together and never considered someone would install a motherboard without the essential drivers..

Installed the RealTech High Definition Audio drivers and it is working .. whoo hoo !

Thanks again ...

Logi Guru
Logi Guru
BLH

Good to read that is now functioning.
evd
Logi Nu
evd

My LS11 speakers are not being recognized by my laptop any ideas why?

Logi Guru
Logi Guru
BLH

The LS11 speakers are an analog type. I doubt that the laptop will even know that they are connected.

Go into your sound devices Sound Manager and make sure it is set to Stereo and the output is not muted. Also the output usually used for the analog stereo signal is Lime Green.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

Instead of posting questions in a thread marked solved, please start a new thread.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike