Logi Nu
smacafee

Z-2300 wired remote pinout

[ Edited ]

I found a nice condition Z-2300 sub unit out by the side of the road on large trash pickup day (or whatever they call it), and I didnt think to look for the wired remote in the pile of other dead stuff.

To my surprise the sub actually shows some signs of life (buzzing, using about 3 watts), and since there aren't any wired remotes for sale I'm wondering if someone knows the pinout for the vga input.

Message Edited by smacafee on 01-20-2009 01:56 PM
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Z-2300 wired remote pinout

Hi,

It is not a VGA connector. It is a D-Sub 15 connector. It is not wired like a VGA connector. The wiring diagram is not a public document.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
bigblockthing

while its not a "vga" connector persay, i already own a working z-2300 and i am very satisfied with it, however while searching ebay today i found a refurbished z-2300 subwoofer only, without the satellite speakers or control pod. i am wondering if it would be possible to just buy a vga splitter to use my single control pod with two of the subwoofers

in my mind it should work because the splitter would just carry whatever signals are on whatever pins but split them to be sent to 2 subwoofers instead of just one

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

Simply "splitting the signal does nothing to compensate for the halving of the signal power to each unit. You would have to figure out a circuit to build the signal back up to what the speakers were looking for. While doing that you would have to compensate for the now changed resistance in the dual circuit.

I think this is beyond the scope of "using a VGA splitter cable", on top of which fact the connections are NOT VGA.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
bigblockthing

i didnt think of the drop in current happening...but what would the result of splitting the audio signal be?

and i just tried connecting the d sub plug from my control pod to a vga extension cable and it went together perfectly...i guess my thinking is it is all the same plug, where the wires go from the plug is a different story, but the connecting plug is the same

Logi Guru
Logi Guru
BLH

[ Edited ]

Could result in smoke.

Remember some of those pins have power control signals on them and mixing signals from both subs could be a problem.