Logi Nu
CNyceNC

Z523 Hookup to Xbox 360.

Hi...

I'm trying to hook up my new Z523 speakers to my Xbox 360. I am using the Component cables included with the console. I have the red and white audio cables plugged into the back of the subwoofer, however, I only get sound to come out of the LEFT speaker and subwoofer and never the right.

Also, note that when I plug in the 3.5 mm cord attached to the RIGHT speaker to let's say, my TV or my Zune it plays/sounds fine, but with far less (almost degrading) audio quality and I have to turn up either the TV or Zune to the max level which I do not want to do.

I would like to have the audio cables plugged into the back of the subwoofer to have sound come out of both speakers and the subwoofer since this sounds the best (even though only the left speaker and subwoofer are on and playing).

Maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I thank you all in advance for your help.

I Speak Without Sound, But My Word Is Law!
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Z523 Hookup to Xbox 360.

Hi,

Have you tried swapping the red and white cables to see if the problem is with the cable?

The best way connect devices like MP3 players and devices connecting via 3.5 mm is to turn the source(MP3 player) up to max. This is because the output of these devices is usually quite low and the speakers can amplify that signal better. There is no way to damage the MP3 player by having the volume at 100%.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Browser
iltehz2300

Hi "Mike"

Will haveing the source (ipod) on 100% volume and haveing the speakers (myne are the z-2300's) on 100% and playing music ,will  that damage the speakers in any way ? because i can hear distortion when they are at 100% and im scared that i might blow the sub or one of the sats? and if i do ,are they covered in warranty?

Cheeers

Logi Nu
CNyceNC

I have tried everything to no avail. As previously stated however, I am trying to hook up my Xbox 360 to the Z523's. When I use the 3.5 mm jack with the Right speaker plugged into my MP3 player, both speakers plus subwoofer play just fine. Using the RCA jack on the back of the subwoofer however, I can only get the Left Speaker to play (including Sub). I am starting to think that the INPUT of the RCA jack on the back for the Right Speaker isn't working or something. Obviously, it's not the actual SPEAKERS since they are fine when plugged in to an MP3 player or laptop computer. Using a Component cable for an Xbox 360, I have the Blue/Red/Green hooked up to the back of my TV, and the other White/Red going to the back of the Sub, but sound only comes from the Left speaker and Sub. Could it be the inputs on the back of the sub malfunctioning?
I Speak Without Sound, But My Word Is Law!
Mike_M

Hi,

Ahhh, I think I know what the problem might be.

The TV set is only outputting mono for the signal that is coming in from another source besides the TV, ie the XBox.

If you play just the TV do you get stereo?

Also if you can't prove the output from the TV it could either be the TV or the speakers.

If you had a Y cable red/white RCA dor 3.5mm male you could play an iPod or something into the speakers.

You never answered my question about swapping red/white cables at the TV.

Thank you for your post.

You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Mike_M

Hi,

I didn't say to play the speakers at 100%, you should never play speakers at 100% with the source at 100% because you will get distortion. I said to turn the source to 100% or so and regulate the volume at the speakers.

Thank you for your post.

You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Goshawk007

This may be too late but I figured out how to hook up the Xbox.

Only plug the satellite speaker wires into the subwoofer. Use the red and white wire adapter to plug into the back of your TV where it says audio out. Plug the single wire that is attached to the wired remote into the adapter. Hope this helps.