Logi Rook
GoldenPimp

After six months of use, the software is still a fail. Video data won't download!!

Had these cameras for 6 months now. I started a thread a while ago about this problem, still seems to happen every other week which makes this product useless.

The camera would not recognize videos recorded on the SD Card from 12:00AM to whenever when the master program wasn't on. From time to time, you'll either get all your data or you'll have missing data that the software won't download.  I know they are on the SD Card.

This mean you are required to turn on your computer at ALL times.  This product is very unreliable.  You can not depend on this for home security.

http://i45.tinypic.com/180l1v.png

Untitled.png

Logi Rook
GoldenPimp

Re: After six months of use, the software is still a fail. Video data won't download!!

btw, while the data bar was updating since I just turned on the computer, there was a Windows Update.  I clicked on the update and it was Windows Defender update.

I am not sure if this affected the Logitech data bar (gray bars) update?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Logisgo

Re: After six months of use, the software is still a fail. Video data won't download!!

Hello GoldenPimp,

Can you be a little more specific about the "Logitech data bar update?"

Logi Rook
upper

See his screenshot.......
Logi Rook
GoldenPimp

[ Edited ]

Logisgo wrote:

Hello GoldenPimp,

Can you be a little more specific about the "Logitech data bar update?"

Hello Logisgo,

When you turn on your computer, the Alert Commander software begin downloading "gray bars" indicating each video recorded on the SD Card on the timeline.  Once completed, the software will then begin to download each video.  When a video is downloaded the gray bar will turn green.

My problem is, Alert Commander does not recognize some "gray bars" for a period of time while the software wasn't running.  Meaning it doesn't know there are videos recorded during that time period, and wouldn't know to go download them.

The missing data usually begin at 12AM to whenever.  Why 12AM I don't know.

http://i45.tinypic.com/180l1v.png

I thought it might have something to do with Windows Update, but this shouldn't be the case... since the gray bars are downloaded "earliest first".  So once I turn on the computer and Alert Commander, the gray bars fill from left to right.  There shouldn't be gray bars missing on the left side even if Windows Update (or anything) interrupted the process.

Logi Nu
baldonehh

It appears that if you select a recent "grey bar" the download will dowload the most recent to the oldest grey bar. (going back in time)

Is there a function to dowload a specific grey bar from the past that anyone knows about?

Logi Rook
GoldenPimp

baldonehh wrote:

It appears that if you select a recent "grey bar" the download will dowload the most recent to the oldest grey bar. (going back in time)

Is there a function to dowload a specific grey bar from the past that anyone knows about?

There is no selecting what to download.  The software decides what it wants to download.  If there is a problem recognizing what is in the SD Card, the software will not download it and you are left with climbing up the roof to get the SD card, then transfering the data directly from the SD Card.

There needs to be a way to open up the files directly from the camera, and choose what you want to download.  Just like a plug in USB drive.

Logisgo

Hello GoldenPimp,

How long have you waited when the Commander Software opens up for the gray bars to go away? Please let me know.

Logi Rook
GoldenPimp

[ Edited ]

Logisgo wrote:

Hello GoldenPimp,

How long have you waited when the Commander Software opens up for the gray bars to go away? Please let me know.

By "gray bars to go away" I am not sure what you mean?

If you mean the gray bars not being there at all, then they didn't "go away", they where never recognized by the software to begin with.  When the computer (and Commander Software) is off, the cameras will continue to record videos onto the SD card.  When I turn on the computer, the software is supposed to recognize these "gray bars" but it doesn't.  The software only reads data from the SD card that it wants to read.

I can have the software on for hours and it still will not recognize these missing gray bars.  Usually it takes no longer than 1 minute for the software to recognize all the gray bars.

Logisgo

[ Edited ]

Hello GoldenPimp,

If it's not recognizing the "gray bars" for a period of time, that is by default. Please check link for reference. ://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18083/~/alert-commander-startup-process-afte... I hope this link helps!