Logi Nu
masterchief34

Camera not found in Commander Software

[ Edited ]

A couple days ago we had a power outage from some major storms and since then I haven't been able to get both of my cameras back online at the same time (never had a problem before).

I have two logitech 700e outdoor cameras (one in the front of the house, one in the back on a detached garage). And since the outage, I can either get the commander software to locate the front and not the back or vice versa.

Right now the front camera is working just fine and shows up in the commander software, but the back doesn't. I've power cycled it at least a half dozen times (ranging from 1 minute to 5 minutes) and run the "find camera" option at least 20 times. I've also tried power cycling the network adapter and the router to no avail.

For the camera that's not working, the two red LED lights appear on the front of the camera and there are no lights on underneath. I took the memory card out last night and formatted it to see if that fixes anything, but before that I viewed the recordings and the camera appeared to be working properly (just wasn't working with the commander software or sending the video remotely).

In checking my router status, I see the front camera (working one) has an IP address assigned to it, but the back one (not working) does not. I'm guessing this is likely the cause so what should I do to fix it? Like I said, I've power cycled the camera many times and it doesn't appear to be grabbing an IP address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Logi Nu
masterchief34

Re: Camera not found in Commander Software

[ Edited ]

Went into my router settings tonight, entered the camera's MAC address, and reserved an IP for that device. Power cycled the camera and nothing.

Losing patience...

EDIT: Got it working. After unplugging the working camera in the front, the back started working for some reason. Plugged the front camera in and we're back up and running with both cameras now.