Logi Nu
lolopfitz

Cameras are not detected in commander

[ Edited ]

I have the master system along with 2 add on 700e cameras.  I lost the connection with one camera about 2 weeks ago.  The color went funky so i tried to reset it and it just disappeared from my commander.  The light was light blue on the camera and the red light still blinked but commander would not find it (light blue according to the manual means not connected to internet or commander).  The other two cameras were still working fine (one plugged into another outlet in the same room).  So I figured maybe it was the camera, bought a new camera, got it, hooked it up and same problem, got the light blue light.  So I reset everything, unplugged HUB etc, reset router and all of those suggestions. Even uninstalled commander and reistalled it.  Big mistake!!  Now I can't find any of the cameras and they all have the light blue light on the bottom.  Commander can't find any of them and I am out of ideas.  Any help out there would be appreciated.

Also I should add that my system worked great for over a year before this happened.

Thanks

Logi Nu
lolopfitz

Re: Cameras are not detected in commander

ANy help out there???????  usually the logitech people are quick to respond...........

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Logisgo

Hello lolopfitz,

I'm understanding you're having issues trying to get your cameras to be discovered by the Alert Commander software. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Please try the following>Unplug all power supply units and the network adapter for over 2 minutes(make sure there is no power going to the units)>Plug the Network adapter directly into the wall and into the main router>Plug the power supply units for the cameras back in to the outlets directly(make sure they're not inserted into any extension or surge protectors)>Here, the cameras should go through a cycle of colors. Please let me know what color the LED lands on so I may assist you more adequately.

I look forward to your response.

Logi Nu
lolopfitz

I have unplugged everything and reset everything again (this didn't work before either and tried the paperclip thing too as well as moving the camera closer to the network adapter) and the lights on all cameras are still light blue but the red light is blinking so it's sees motion but i can't get commander to find the cameras.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled commander and still nothing.  the lights are on the network adapter too showing that traffic is flowing.  i'm lost as to what to do.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Logisgo

Hello lolopfitz,

Just so I may assist you more adequately, can you please check your PM?