08-29-2010 06:13 AM
I am very disappointed regarding Alert and the informatin on the website.
Simple questions like:
Can you use a POE switch and eliminate the powerplug setup? (yes)
What are the power requirements for the camera?
What is the difference between Master and add on cameras?
Is motion record the only option?
Can more than one home computer run the Alert commander
Where is the Blackberry mobile software?
From Web Commander I can access the Master, but not the
add on camera-is this normal?
And, the website is not setup user friendly.
08-30-2010 07:16 AM
Most of your questions can be answered right in this support forum. But I'll give it a shot and try to answer what I can for you.
2. Power Requirements - Your option is Powerline for each camera you have setup and use or POE.
3. The difference between Master and Add-on - You only need to buy 1 master system, weather you going with an indoor setup or outdoor setup you need to pickout which one you want and get that master system. From that point you can buy and run up to 5 more add-on cameras per setup. In my case I bought the indoor master system since it was cheaper than the outdoor and then bought 5 outdoor cameras for my add-ons. Save some money.
4. Motion Detection the only option ? I'm not totally sure if its the only option but its going to be what you want to use. The high quality of the new system footage makes the files much bigger than the old Wilife system. Having it record non-stop 24/7 you will be filling up hard drives in no time. Plus what if something did happen and you went back to watch the footage you have to scroll through everything you have just to try and find what happened. Setup motion detection, define the areas you want to watch and trigger recording and record what is really important and only when it happens. Saves you time and space on your card and PC.
5. The Max amount of cameras per system is 6 for that user. So if you really wanted to run lets say 12 cameras - 6 indoor and 6 outdoor you would have to use two windows logins to watch them. So your logged into windows as John D and you have 6 indoor cameras running, you could then create another login on windows for Jane D and setup your 6 outdoor cameras. You can't both be logged in at the same time but you can have more cameras than 6 - Here is where this was covered - More than 6 Cameras Link
6. Can you run Commander on more than one computer - Yes your correct.
7. Blackberry support - IMO - Blackberry just isn't caught up to Apple and Android when it comes to apps and markets. Have you ever compared Apple and Adroid App stores to Blackberry ? Its not even a fair comparison. Blackberry has years of catching up to do if they ever catch up at all. I wouldn't expect a Blackberry app anytime soon.
8. Web Commander - you can access any cameras you have setup on your system. Master and all add-ons up to 6.
9. As for user friendly website - sorry can't help with that.
Hope some of this helps- post again if you have anymore questions.