Logi Nu
fabricator64

E-mail alerts with Logitech Alert system

I have been receiving email alerts for my cameras even when the cameras are not armed to send notifications. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Logi Team
jnoring

Re: E-mail alerts with Logitech Alert system

Check your private messages; i have a few questions.

If this helps you out, please click on the "Accept as Solution" or "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search!
Logi Browser
nismojdm

Hi, experiencing the same p roblem here with the email alerts.  Was working flawlessly for the past year until recently.

Now i receive email alerts occasionally. 

Also, my 4th camera went offline last week, now back online but when I go to alert.logitech.com, the 4th camera does not show up with the rest of my other cameras but I have to select the drop down and it's where it's own .

Please advise to a solution.

Thank you

Logi Team
F4U_Corsair

That 4th camera sounds like it's alone on it's own site.  Are all these cameras in the same location?  The way to get all cameras linked to the same site is to have the same PC/laptop claim them. 

Regarding the emails, I'll alert our IT team.

Logi Browser
nismojdm

[ Edited ]

Yes, all 4 are on the same location.  Has been, but one day I lost connection on the 4th cam and it reset on its own after I power cycled it.

Ever since then, it is on it's own site with the same name as the original site. (ie site1, site1)  ???

Logi Team
F4U_Corsair

I would suggest you hard/soft reset the camera using a paper clip or via the PC Commander SW and unplug it right after the reset and before it fully boots up and trys to connect to PC Commander again (about a 2 min window).  Go to alert.logitech.com and remove the camera and the site (leaving only the original 3 cameras and original site).  Then run PC Commander and remove the camera (that is now unplugged).  Once all this is done, with PC Commander still running, plug in the camera. 

PC Commander should see it as a new camera now and claim it to the local site and give it site credentials for the web and mobile apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Logi Browser
nismojdm

Tried your advice and no success there, but I did uninstalled and reinstalled the web commander software and all is well now.  Thank you for your help.  Any updates from the IT department on the email alerts?  I'm still not getting them frequent enough but rather sporadically.  Thanks.

Logi Team
F4U_Corsair

Nothing definitive on the email Alerts.  Of the various email servers used by our users several use anti spam techniques that involve throttling aggressive email delivery causing delays for individual users.  The remote email providers may also soft reject Alert emails at a certain point, thinking its spam, which causes our overal mail processing queue to grow and slows the processing for everyone. 

Logi Browser
nismojdm

Ok, thanks for the update.