Logi Visitor
tplaw
Accepted Solution

Error Message Trying To Access Logitech Alert Video Recordings

I'm currently traveling and wish to access my cameras via Logitech Alert. However, while I can occasionally view camea streams, I can't seem to view my recordings. I'm getting the following error messages when I try to view recorded videos:

"HttpStatusCode: 408 Problem sending MediaSummary XMPP message"

How can I retrieve my recorded motion recordings?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kkm10

Re: Error Message Trying To Access Logitech Alert Video Recordings

This is usually a port issue in the router that the cameras are connected to. For HTTP errors, here are the ports that will need to be opened on your router:

>TCP 80,1935

>TCP 443

Kristina
Logitech Technical Support
Logi Nu
RichardCor

Hi,

I have this problem also, how do I open these ports !   I seem to have less problems retrieving the videos from my Iphone than on my Imac.

Other question : My videos are never longer than 35-40 seconds despite constant activity in the recorded zone.

Thanks 

Richard

Logi Guru
UselessS

The port settings are something you have to check/change in your router...which varies a lot between make/model.  If you state your router make/model, someone can maybe give a better answer vs. a generic techie answer <g>  If you can get them at all on your iMac, then probably not a port issue...check internet connection/speed ( and/or WiFi connection if using that ).

As for the video clips, they are limited by design to around 5mb each...so that is normal.