Logi Nu
MacAlert

Logitech Alert Commander 1.01 for Mac Not Streaming Video to Mac

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Its great that there is now a Mac version of Commander to replace the Windows version that I've been running in VMWare.  I downloaded and installed 1.01 and went through the setup.  Commander found my Alert webcam and even showed preview screenshots in Settings so that I could tweak them.

Here's the problem.  When I run Commander 1.01, no video appears.  I have reset the webcam to no avail and have restarted Commander for Mac.  Video continues to work fine on the IOS version though and I get motion detector alerts as always.  I can also watch live streaming video if I use the Logitech Alert web site.  (Windows app works, IOS apps work, and viewing the Alert web site from the Mac work so far.  New version of Mac Alert just shows a grey screen with a spinning gear.)

I'm running the latest Mountain Lion with Commander 1.01.  

How might I get Commander 1.01 to start displaying video like it does on my Windows version?

Thanks!

Logi Nu
sdixon1

Re: Logitech Alert Commander 1.01 for Mac Not Streaming Video to Mac

Exact same problem here. I was using VMware Fusion and Windows to use Commander. I switched to the Mac version this morning as soon as I saw the announcement. (Thank you Logitech for porting this to Mac). I can see the camera in settings, I could upgrade firmware, I can see previous recordings in Playback mode. I even get motion alerts on the Mac desktop. However, when I go to Live view I get a black screen with the spinning timer icon. Also tried resetting, rebooting, everything. Still just a black screen so had to switch back to Windows for now. Hoping Logitech will fix it soon.

Thanks again Logitech for the Mac version - I feel I am soooo close to giving up my sole Windows requirement.

Logi Nu
Havian

Hey

On my Imac-27 , latest software eg. , Alert commander find the cameras names , BUT no video , on start up the says 5 cameras found , trying to connecting , and pop up says We couldnt find your cameras at this location

?

Logi Nu
pkaltx

Same here.  Using MacBook with latest OS and camera firmware.  No video, but I do get the motion notifications with pictures and can watch recorded video just fine.

Logi Nu
todk

Same here.  "Works", but not really.  No live video in new Mac app.  Everything else seems to work.

Sigh.

Logitech Employee
DanielB_Logi

For anyone hitting the issue where live streaming is not working, but cameras are discovered, you can view recorded video, and other things work, etc. - can you mention if you are running a virtual machine host (so that you could run Windows, and Logitech Alert Commander for Windows)? Also list what version of that software you are running, along with what version of Windows you were running as a virtual machine guest.  For example: running VMware Fusion 5 with a VM running Windows 7 SP1; or running Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac with a VM running Windows XP SP3.

Thanks!

-Daniel

Logitech Employee
WebcamGuy

HI Everyone,

We are working hard to resolve these issues -

Can you please send us your diagnostic logs.

Settings > Diagnostics > Reports > Run Detailed Diagnostics

and include details about the specific issue you are seeing, and if you had run VMware etc.

Thank you for your help, please send the diagnostics and details to both:

ncuniffe@logitech.com

evernon@logitech.com

-Nick

Logi Visitor
BLZEAN76

If your having trouble streaming from your cameras with Mac Commander and are also using VMWare Fusions, please try the work around below:

Close Mac Commander

1. Launch VMWare
2. Click Virtual Machine
3. Settings
4. Applications Menu
5. Set "Show application menu in menu bar" to "Only when Fusion is running"
6. Close the Applications Menu
7. Close Fusion

Relaunch Mac Commander and see if the streams appear.

Be sure to share the results with the community by responding to this thread.

Logitech Employee
WebcamGuy

Thanks BLZEAN76:

You are correct some users have had success with your steps. We are still getting do to the root cause, but it appears that their is a video resource conflict when our application and emulation SW are running at the same time. For those that are using VMWare or Parallels, please let us know how this works for you:

Close Mac Commander

1. Launch VMWare
2. Click Virtual Machine
3. Settings
4. Applications Menu
5. Set "Show application menu in menu bar" to "Only when Fusion is running"
6. Close the Applications Menu
7. Close Fusion

Relaunch Mac Commander and see if the streams appear.

Logi Nu
miketheoneking

I have never had fusion or any other windows operating system setup on my mac. I just bought this mac a couple days ago and current video streaming doesnt work. I still get the recording and I can see it on my phone. Live streaming on my mac should work..... I need help