Logi Visitor
Justaboutfedup

Re: Logitech Alert commander not Synchronizing correctly

Yes totally agree with you, but the only downside to Blue Iris at the moment is you have to leave your computer on, it does not go and download the videos, like the logitech software is supposed to do.

Logi Nu
anharker

Good spot in proposing the DST time shift ! Mine also failed at around that time and having re-installed the software, reformatted SD cards, and re-installed firmware... video transfer to PC will not take place.

Interestingly, in playback mode, if I slowly shift the red cursor backwards towards the 'grey' recording indicators, the indicator bars just vanish! It's almost as if the PC is reading an index of recordings from the camera, but when it asks the camera to transfer the recording, the camera says 'no such recording' i.e. perhaps a loss of sync between the indexes and the video files themselves. [Perhaps brought on by not accounting for a time shift].

Also, I'm unable to find the logs you list anywhere in my system...

Andy

buffbuff wrote:

I think you may have the same issue I have and it has nothing to do with your account. The video on the SD card is not being copied to your computer, or only a small part is copied leaving loads of grey segments saying downloading recording...

Check the Logitech Commander Event log (in C:/Program Data/logitech... or C/users/All users/Logitech...) and are you getting this error ?

TransferMediaRecordingFile_RequestTransfer for LogiSecurityDevice_00-12-AB-17-6B-C3 - remote call returned error 0x80070490. 

TransferMediaRecordingFile for LogiSecurityDevice_00-12-AB-17-6B-C3 failed in TransferMediaRecordingFile_RequestTransfer: 0x80070490

Reason: Cannot find the media recording. Removed from index. Not a pending download anymore

I have had this problem since the daylight saving time change here in the UK and no amount of reformatting, resetting and reinstalling the SD cards, cameras and commander software seems to fix it. The system was running fine until then, but 

I have an outstanding call with support for this and to be fair to them I was away for a week but I tried a new SD card in there on Monday and still the same issue. I will try chasing them up again, but not sure the tech staff here in the UK have the same experience as the ones in the US for this new product, so if any of the US support see this I would appreciate some help.

Logi Visitor
buffbuff

Yes, moving the red cursor back and forth does do as you say. I think that is a consequence of the clip being removed from the downloading list as the logs say, but a restart of camera or software should bring them back (to grey state at least).

The logs should be in the Logitech folder which on Windows 7 is C:\Users\All Users\ Logitech\Logitech Alert Commander

Make sure you have selected "show hidden files, folders, or archives" in the folder view options.

If you still can't find it, then go to the Logitech commander software settings and run the diagnosis and then create report. That should create a zip folder on your desktop of the logitech folder. You can then check out the Commander event log which will contain the error message.

Logi Visitor
Justaboutfedup

Well it looks like we are more and more in this position when is Logitech going to post a fix for this ??????

Logi Visitor
m0dul0k

I think that I have a workaround for this problem. I recommend following these steps:

1. Shut down Commander

2. Shut down your cameras

3. Delete your "Logitech Alert Recordings" directory

4. Eject your MicroSD cards and format them using a card reader in Windows

5. Reinsert the SD card and restart the Cameras and Commander

This is like rebooting the file sync process.

Logi Visitor
Justaboutfedup

Will try that later tonight when i get home and report back if it helps, just for info just had a 2gb sd card fail on me only had system 3 weeks, formatted new card with windows 7 x64 NTFS, but still not downloading videos, will try your system later.

Logi Visitor
m0dul0k

Good luck in your attempt! Keep in mind if your camera status LED is flashing Red/Yellow that means that the SD card is not working properly as per the documentation in the Quick Start guide. I haven't had a problem with it, but when you boot the camera without the SD card installed it will show that.

Logi Visitor
Justaboutfedup

Tried it with 1 camera tonight still no joy, it downloads video at the beginning, but if you shut down commander and resrat again the videos do not download, something is blocking and i cannot find out what, tomorrow i am going to try a different modem router to see if that does anything different.

Logi Visitor
buffbuff

I have tried all this and it does not resolve the issue for me. I even included resetting the cameras as well during this process to try and do a complete new install as much as is physically possible (also on a never used before PC), but it does not fix the issue for me.

I don't think the actual SD cards are faulty or not installed correctly as they work fine on the PC, and when you turn off the camera and turn it back on at the power socket only, it downloads some video clips then stops again.

Logi Visitor
Justaboutfedup

Yes totally agree i have now done everything possible and everything points to the Logitech alert software not communicating correctly as cameras are seen on network no problem, other software BlueIris has no problems at all recording live video, the only problem is the Logitech software is not doing its job correctly.