Logi Browser
opt2bout

Re: New Update for Logitech Alert Commander Software.

Got it to update.  Not sure why/what.  I had updated the cameras on day 1 when they were set up.  The outdoor camera is hard to reach to pull the SD card out, but we did it with the indoor camera.  Still the same problem.

We disabled McAfee Enterprise, disabled Windows firewall.  Still no updates.

Cameras were already cycled a couple of times.  We finally unplugged everything, including the hub.  Waited, and then connected one camera and updated.  Then the next.  All seems fine on updating now.  I'm glad I hadn't installed the other two outdoor cams yet.

Thanks

Logi Nu
gthatch

I think my update went fine, but the camera is MORE sensitive, not less.  I have had to set it down to 5 and I'll see how that works.  Camera literally won't stop recording

Jmz
Logi Apprentice
Jmz

[ Edited ]

Opt2bout, I wonder if you were having a similar issue to mine.  I have a bunch of homeplug adapters (logitech and others) and they were having weird networking issues.  As a result I would unplug them and plug them back in with some success - PS3 wouldn't come online, Alert camera would be lost, Sattelite boxes wouldnt see each other etc.  Finally I unplugged every single one and started adding them back one at a time starting with the main unit connecting to the router.   After that they all worked much better.  I don't know if they maintain some kind of routing table to not, but ever since my cameras and DirectV boxes and PS3 have all been happily coexisting.  The key for me was unplug them all then add them back.  If I left even one connected it didn't quite work. 

Logi Browser
cyrille

[ Edited ]

NEW UPDATE OR NEW PROBLEMS ?????

Hi everyone !

When trying to add another mail adress in the alert message section yesterday, i got this pop-up window '"There was a problem retrieving alert settings from the online service".....

I checked my firewall and even switched it off but it won't work !  :smileymad: My internet connection is OK too.... 

this problem started to happen when i updated the 'Alert Comander' software....HELP !!!! :mansad:

NOT TO MENTION THaT THE SYSTEM IS LESS STABLE THAN IT USED TO BE, WHEN USING MY IPHONE4, I LOOSE MY CAMERAS AT LEAST 3 TIMES PER DAYS ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................................................

Logi Browser
rawbar

where cani download the firmware from?  all i can find on logitech's site is alert commander.  if i try to update from web commander, it tells me it cant find the cameras even though they were working at the moment i attempted the upgrade.  then it wont find the cameras again until i shutdown and restart alert commander.

Logi Team
vbillings

You can download the update from here : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/589/7251?WT.z_sp=Image

This will update the Commander PC software. Once the PC software is updated then it will have an update for the cameras as well, the firmware update is embedded within the software update. The cameras need to be detected though in order to recieve the firmware update. This update includes improved camera discovery and retention so I hope that it resolves the issue that you mentioned.

Logi Browser
rawbar

This does not work.  I have the latest Alert Commander installed.  It detects that my cameras need a firmware upgrade.  The cameras are connected and functional.  As soon as I tell it to upgrade the camera software, it tells me it cannot detect my cameras.  I have tried this again and again. 

Logi Browser
opt2bout

I had a similar problem.  At first I blamed the fact that since Logitech can't make client software for anything but Windows (snark) :smileywink: that running it in a virtual machine on my mac was causing problems.

In fact, I had to do a couple of things.  For one, I reset the main home network module and both cameras by unplugging them and leaving only the main unit and one camera plugged up.

I disabled McAfee and the Windows Defender (which somehow keeps turning itself on all of the time).  Made sure that the Windows firewall was disabled as well.

I'm not sure which of the various things I did worked, but was finally able to update the camera's firmware.

I do hope for a better solution in the future, but considering my struggle with the Harmony remotes, I'm losing hope.  But hope some of this will help you.

Logi Browser
rawbar

One down.  Now I can't find the other camera.  Unplugged it for a couple of minutes, plugged it back in.  Still can't find it.  This system is so unreliable.  I really hope these patches make a big difference.

Logi Nu
Toddm

FIRMWARE WONT UPDATE

Commander software update was successful but not the firmware.  Have tried 4 times to update firmware and but it reports back with the old firmware number.   You would think Logitech would have the bullet proof before sending this update out.