11-23-2010 07:24 AM - edited 11-23-2010 03:02 PM
I have just installed two 700e and one 700i Master system after having a Wilife system for 2 years and I must say it is a really change regarding the quality over all; picture/video quality, user interface and the hardware.
My first question when I found this excellent forum is where I can put suggestions of new features? But I post them here until I know and maybe the features already exist and I am not yet familiar with the new system yet.
- possibility to have a checkbox on camera setup that state "include Date, Time and camera name on recorded video"
- in the Alert Commander main screen have a button on each camera "Record now" or "Record instantly"
- some kind of simple scheduler for alerts e.g. from 8.30 - 11.00 no alerts, after that normal operation of alerts
- similar to the above scheduler but e.g. from 16.00 - 18.00 perform no recordings, after that normal operations of recordings. the idea is to put the old Wilife schedule "up side down", just schedule exceptions from normal operations.
- some kind of guidance of motion sensitivity settings
- it would be really nice with some kind of zoom in to motion detection area e.g. if a motion is triggered on a backyard the camera could zoom in to that motion area, start recording as standard and then if the object is out of motion area stop recording. Some kind of "follow the object" feature.
- possibility to record/syncronize video to a NAS
- possibility to upload stored recordings to your own server on internet via FTP or similar, a separate setting where you define online storage and to what folder and which account to be used to upload.
- possibility to send email alert as videoclip (as where possible in Wilife system)
I am looking forward for feedback on this
Equipment: 2 indoor + 4 outdoor Logitech Alert cameras
11-26-2010 08:18 AM
I agree, I would also like some recording indicators in the software since I have the LED's turned off because I'm trying to be discreet when recording activity around my house. A manual and auto record button would be a nice improvement.