Logi Browser
liquefaction

PC required to record? 700e vs 750e?

I thought a PC was not required to record. I currently have the 750 master system with the 700e as my primary and only camera. When I put the computer to sleep, the camera does not apparently record when I go to playback mode in alert commander. It doesn't retrieve anything other than when the computer was last on.

Also, the 700e is simply an add-on to the 750e system?

Logi Guru
UselessS

Re: PC required to record? 700e vs 750e?

[ Edited ]

The camera records to the microSDHC card in the camera.  When the Alert Commander app on the PC is running, it will copy the video clips from the camera card to your disk.  The playback in Alert Commander plays clips that have been copied from the camera.  If you have the web/mobile premium subscription, you can playback recordings stored on the camera from web/mobile.

The 750 master kit is just a 700 camera with the network adapter for the router...so only one master needed for up to 6 700 ( e and/or n ) cameras.

Logi Browser
liquefaction

Re: PC required to record? 700e vs 750e?

[ Edited ]

I don't want my computer running 24/7 because it's costly on the electricity so I have it hibernate/sleep most of the time. When it wakes the camera does not show recordings. The camera is directly connected to the 2nd ethernet port.