04-14-2012 10:28 PM - edited 04-16-2012 12:40 PM
Questions about 750e...
1) If I order the Logitech Alert 750e Outdoor Master system + a 700e add-on camera, is that everything I need to get the system up and running online with the logitech servers with motion detection and alerts? Or do i need to purchase the Logitech Alert Web and Mobile Commander for an extra $80?
2) If I set up motion detection zones and then turn my computer off or take it with me away from home, will the motion zones still be active? I'm worried that I have to have the software running at all times in order for motion detection to work.
3) Can I use an extension cord from the wall to the homeplug where my camera will be located?
4) Do these cameras work with an Apple Airport Extreme router?
Thank you for your time!
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-16-2012 12:49 PM
1) Yes...the Alert Commander app on the PC sets those configuration options and are stored in the camera itself. The $80 premium subscription adds some web options beyond the free live video viewing.
2) Yes...all that will work...you just won't get the clips copied to your disk when Alert commander is not running, and when the SD card fills up, it will start overwriting the oldest clips with new ones.
3) Yes...extension cord is fine, just avoid surge protected strips.
4) I don't see why not...though I don't have one...it's a router, no ? <g> Maybe someone that uses one can confirm that for you.
04-16-2012 01:56 PM - edited 04-16-2012 01:56 PM
Thanks for the reply! Really helps out alot..
So now I just have to decide whether to buy the cameras used online, or new from the logitech site.
04-16-2012 02:38 PM
If you can run ethernet cables from the cameras to near your router, then you could go all PoE and buy the B700e/i cameras and a PoE switch...avoiding any HomePlug stuff.
08-16-2012 11:33 PM
I got the master 750e and then some 700i camera. The system can not detect the 700i cameras. what to do ? and how to fix it ? the sales rep told me that it should work. But it is not working. What to do ?
08-17-2012 05:33 AM
Yes, the 700i cameras should work fine with a 750e master...just one master is needed for any combination of the Alert HomePlug cameras ( up to 6 total ).
I'd say try plugging the 700i into different outlets...may be issues getting the homePlug signal in your home wiring.