Logi Browser
mkertzman

Still waiting for my activation code for Alert subscription

Hi - I purchased the Web and Mobile Commander subscription Saturday and still haven't gotten an activation code.  My trial is counted down to 4 days left.  Any idea when I'll get my code?  Thanks.

Logi Visitor
mossad504

Re: Still waiting for my activation code for Alert subscription

Once you get it up and running post a review on here on how the Mobile commander is I'm sure we all would like to know if its worth it.

Logi Browser
ripterr@woh.rr.

I purchased a subscription on Friday, 8/20 and have not received an authentication number either. I called customer service on 8/21 and was told that I should receive the authentication in a couple of days by e-mail.

I have posted a message on the Alert System blog about the problem. Looks like the process needs some refining!

Logi Browser
ripterr@woh.rr.

Still no activation code or contact by customer service to resolve this. From posts, others are having the same problem.

If  this is an example of the company's response to needs of subscribers, I am not sure that I will continue use of you product.

Logi Apprentice
thebanker

I am (was??) planning to sign up for the same annual fee-based service as soon as my 6-camera ($$$) system is delivered. Still waiting for the master system package to be shipped after the indoor and outdoor add-on cameras are on their way; and calls to sales support who indicated that the master system is in stock, has not explanation why it has not been shipped yet. But that is a separate issue and I apologize for digressing.

Regardless, this forum is certainly being monitored by Logitech personnel and a lack of response is not a good sign of candor and transparency.  We have seen when corporations are slow to react to customers' concern, it opens the door for unnecessary frustration, suspicions and long-term distrust in that corporation.

I hope a senior Logitech rep or manager just steps forward and let us know what is happening.  Let the truth be told and we can be more supportive of Logitech's efforts to gain more market share.

All the Best,

Logitech Alert owner since August 2010
16 cameras (12 PoE & 4 Powerline) and NO WAY TO EXPAND ANYMORE!!!
Commander Software v3.5.97 / Camera v3.5.35
Logi Visitor
mossad504

@ thebanker

Where did you order your cameras from if you don't mind me asking ? I placed my orders with Amazon only when they showed in stock and every was shipped out fast and correct. If you maybe bought yours direct from Logitech I still have not seen any where on there site they are ready to be shipped out or in stock. See if you can cancel your order and just go order from Amazon, they have the master systems in stock as of now and outdoor add-ons in stock as well.

As for the forum being watched by Logitch Staff I'm sure its one or two guys at most watching it and I don't think its the only thing they are doing. I would try to get someone on the phone or a direct email about the issues your having with code. You might get better results then waiting for a response from a forum post. IMO

Logi Apprentice
thebanker

@mossad504

Be happy to share where I got my 2 indoor and 3 outdoor cameras.  I got all of them direct from Logitech including the master system (750e outdoor).  I wanted to separate the orders so that no one package will prevent the rest from shipping and glad I did it this way.  The indoor and outdoor cameras shipped as separate packages and got them yesterday.  I can't explain why the Logitech site continues to show the "pre-order" status for everything except of the 850i indoor master package.

Thanks for the Amazon tip but I have been tracking this the last 2 weeks on Amazon and decided to go direct with Logitech. Unfortunately, Amazon still shows the 750e outdoor master as a pre-order status which is what I am still waiting for. Logitech's sales support rep informed me yesterday that the warehouse supervisor did confirm the product is in stock and they are having problems with their "system" and hope to ship out later today.  I am not waiting as I will be using a PoE switch and the latest Commander software from Logitech's website to get most of the cameras up and running this weekend.

BTW, the cameras themselves visually look very nice and not that typical security camera cylindrical or boxed shaped design.  Hope I am not disappointed by the HD video quality.  What are your thoughts about the video quality and have you tried accessing it with a smartphone or laptop remotely??

I have not ordered the Web service yet and I am sure the rest on this thread have tried calling Logitech direct who is not able to provide any real updates.  Only time will tell.

Regards!

All the Best,

Logi Visitor
mossad504

[ Edited ]

I've been very happy with them so far. I only have one indoor master system so far but plan to add at least 4 outdoor add-ons and one more indoor to max out at 6. I wish I could have more than 6 in my system ! The video is amazing, its way better than the old wilife system which I still have to compare too. I remote view on my Droid and it works great! You only get about 2mins live before it asks if you want to keep watching but with all my tests its enough to see whats going on if you get a motion alert at that camera.

I'm also doing the POE setup for my outdoor ones, it just more easy to do that than powerline outside.

Here is a quick video my indoor master just recently caught - a fast little humming bird was able to be captured checking out the camera close up !  Watch it in 720P to get the best view -

Youtube video example

Logi Apprentice
thebanker

Love the clarity and quality of the video.  Thanks for sharing!

Regards

All the Best,

Logi Browser
ripterr@woh.rr.

FYI....I did receive an activation code today. Thanks!