Dear Community Members,
In an effort to improve usability and better map our community our product lines, we will be making changes to the existing board structure in the next few weeks. Below is a detailed outline of the board changes:
1. Under the top level called "Community", the following boards will be locked and archived:
General (Non-Technical) – Future threads should be posted in corresponding product boards. Feedback for the community and tech support should be posted in the newly created "Feedback" category
Windows 7 Discussion Topics - Future threads should be posted in corresponding product boards.
2. The "Smart Phone Apps" category will be moved to the bottom of the list due to low traffic.
3. Under the "Webcams + Video Calling" category, "Internet Headsets + Phones" and "Microphones" will be locked and archived. Future threads should be posted in the "Headphones/Headsets/Microphones" board (renamed from “Headphones + Earphones”) under the "Speakers + Audio" Category.
4. Under the "Mice and Pointers" category, the "Design Controllers" board will be renamed "Design Controllers and Presenters". "Presenter" will be locked and archived. All future threads related to the Presenter product line should be posted in "Design Controllers and Presenters". "Mice with Mac" will be locked and archived. All future mac related threads should be posted in "Mice and Trackballs".
5. Under the "Keyboards and Mice" category, the “Keyboard and Keyboard + Mice Combos with Mac” board will be locked and archived. All future Mac related threads should be posted in “Keyboards and Keyboard/Mice Combo Sets”.
6. Under the "Speakers + Audio" category, “5.1 Speaker Systems”, “2.1/2.0 Speaker Systems” and “USB Speaker Systems” will be consolidated into the “Speakers” board (renamed from “5.1 Speaker Systems”). “2.1/2.0 Speaker Systems” and “USB Speaker Systems” will be locked and archived. “Headphones + Earphones” will be renamed to "Headphones/Headsets/Microphones".
6. Under the "Speakers + Audio" category, "Wireless Music System" will be locked and archived.
7. The new "Squeezebox" category will be created. Two new boards titled “Squeezebox Player” and “My Squeezebox.com and Squeezebox Server” will be created under this category.
8. Under the "Gaming" category, all console boards will be consolidated into a new board titled “Console Gaming”. Old boards will be locked and archived.
9. The new "Security Camera" category will be created. Two new boards titled “WiLife Security Systems” and “Security Cameras General Discussion” will be created under this category.
10. The new "Feedback" category will be created. The following new board will be created under this category:
“Share your thoughts” - Feedbacks and questions about the Logitech Community, Tech Support or Logitech Products.
These board changes will be completed in the following three phases:
Phase 1,July 20th, 2010:
- Announcement posted in the News and Announcement area and affected boards.
- New boards/categories are created.
- Consolidated boards are renamed and moved.
- Users should begin to post questions in the newly created boards.
Phase 2, July 26th, 2010
- Areas to be archived are locked as read only.
- Existing conversations can be moved to new areas upon user request.
Phase 3, July 30th, 2010
- Old boards are moved to archived area.
- Old content will still appear in search or if users drill down to the archive category.
Please note that URLs for existing posts, threads, boards and category will not be changed. All archived material will still remain available in the Archived category and appear in search results.
We hope this forum re-organization will improve the usability of Logitech’s community and help you find your technical answers faster. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions regarding these changes.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.