Logi Rook
Ichijoe

Re: G27 and GT5

VW1968 wrote:

Contacted Office fair trading and trading standards and they both said they will look into this as this is comes under FALSE ADVERTISING when an item is not supported by the third party and logitech are advertising it is.....

Good let's see what comes of this, sadly though the only Ones that'll get hurt here are Logitech, and I really do not think they deserve it.

Well like I said I'm from Germany, and the German localized Page does NOT have a list for compatible Games.

The en-us Page however does, again having checked the en-gb Page there is also no sign of a Compatibility List there either.

So not sure if this could all be proven or not.

But if this helps to resolve getting the G27 to work on GT5 then I for One welcome your OFT Masters...

Logi Nu
Artman_PT

Hi

I reccently bought the G27, without knowing this issues.

I consider this a huge problem. That's why i'm thinking in returning it.

Since the last Logitech publication was 4 months ago, what Logitech as to say about this issue today?!

I think that 4 months are more than time to know if Polyphony is working on this or not...

Thank you

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

If you still have that option....

DO IT and try to get the DFGT instead!!!

I can't (and, I will not try to speak for everyone here), but I suspect that we are in the same Boat, in that we both managed to get a hold of a G27, with the express wish to be able to play Gram Turismo 5 with it.

Sadly this is unlikely to happen, this being due to Polyphony Digitals' rather nasty Backroom Politics, and the subsequent duschbaggery that evolved from this.

PD only recognize Two Wheels the Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT), and the newer Thustmaster T500RS Wheels.

I guess Thrustmaster must have had more disposable income to give to PD so as to get their Wheel Anointed as "The Wheel", the upshot being that the G2x will likely never see support for GT5 if ever.

Supposedly this was do to a dispute (If you'd even still care to believe it?!), the current Firmware in the G27, (and how one goes about updating a Firmware on a Gaming Wheel is beyond me), in that as-is the G2x'rs would have a competitive advantage to others ~presumably~ on Pads? (WELL DUH).

The only advantages I was able to make out had turned out to be massive DISADVANTAGES!

Oh where to begin?

Well lets start with the Buttons, YOU CAN NOT USE 'em, as you can not remap any of the Buttons on the G27, 'cause PD stubbornly refuse to make it work with there POS Game.

Then we have the ever so well documented case of GT5 miss registering Manual Clutch shifting (i.e. Form 1st into 2end), you can for get about any drag racing, or doing those Acceleration & Breaking License Tests on the Top Gear Test Track.

The Force Feedback has never impressed me on this Wheel, I guess I need to find a good PC Game to work out what it should ~really~ be like. But, ever since the update to v1.06 the Force Feedback has somehow been gimped even worse then before.

Polyphony have so far express no interest in fixing these issues, and I really doubt that they ever will either, and would rather you hat their SUPER ZMOG $600.00(USD), Wheel instead.

!!AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY YOU'LL NEVER THE G27 GAIN SUPPORT IN GT5!!

And as for Logitech, well they updated their EU Pages and removed any "links" between the G27 and GT5 (you can still find on there .com [en-us] Site though!

But, sadly they already have my Money and, I no longer have an option to return my G27, or else I would have, and like would have gotten a DFGT instead.

Logi Nu
sim-mer

I have been deliberating the purchase of a G27 for some months now.  I want to thank Logitech for having supply issues otherwise I would have already made a very bad decision and purchased their G27 wheel.  Unfortunately, two of my close friends did purchase these wheel. 

This past weekend we tried both wheels with the GT5 game by Polyphony Digital.  What a disappointment this expeience was.  Not only is there next to no documentation for using or configuring this wheel with GT5, but not all functions work, nor can you map buttons to assist in your gaming expeience.  The wheel feedback was loose and sloppy, though the mechanism seems to be up for the task.

We then tried the wheel with R-Factor.  It seemed to work fine with that software but we did not do an exhaustive test with that game.  Unfortunately, only one of my friends has R-Factor.

I have just spent 2 hours reading all the blogs, forums, and support topics associated with the wheel.  I read that all the issues have been communicated to Logitech.  However, it has been months that both Logitch and Polyphony Digital have known about these issues yet have not done anything about it.

I am a Professional Engineer and was asked by my friends to sort out the troubles with the wheel and communicate my findings back to them.  The Forums have taught me that the G27 vs. GT5 is a debacle with no resolution in sight.  This is unfortunate for such an expensive piece of hardware.  One friend paid +$370 tax in for his wheel last week.

My recommendation to my two friends is to return their wheels to where they purchased them and get their money back.  Two other racing friends were also looking at this wheel in anticipation of purchasing.  I will be telling them also not to buy this wheel.  As for myself, I will not purchase this wheel.

So there Logitech, that is 5 wheel sales that you will not be logging onto your books for this season.  As for Polyphony Digital, the game works awesome with other wheels and controllers.  We all really enjoy the GT* series and I have been playing since GT3 came out for PS2.

I think I will return my Logitech Camera too while I am at it as my disappointment in the Logitech G27 ripoff is quite acute.

Logi Nu
Celestin

So should I cancel my G27 order?  Currently, I am purchas...

[ Edited ]

So should I cancel my G27 order?  Currently, I am purchasing this wheel exclusively for use with GT5, but I do love driving games in general ( will be purchasing F1 2010 hopefully ).

I've been researching Fantecs as I have yet to receive any shipping confirmation.

Logitech, kindly get your **bleep** together please.

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

Re: So should I cancel my G27 order?  Currently, I am purchas...

I do not have F1 2010 yet , still waiting for it to drop a little bit before picking it up.

But, from what I gather this Game, unlike GT5 DOES WORK with the G27.

Perhaps I'll should go and rent it and give it a test, but I think F1 2010 always had G27 support since day One.

Logi Visitor
james007bond

F1 2010 works superb with the G27, the handling is excellent and you can tweak the settings for forcefeedback, resistance etc......well done to codemasters! And here is the funny thing, there is no seperate menu option for the G27 in F1 2010... it's all generic and I suspect will work with any PS3 compatiable wheel....

So this begs the question, if Codemasters can have this 'generic' wheel setup and it works flawlessly, then why is there no generic option in GT5?

From a consumers point of view, I think this is very suspect and very misleading if only the DFGT and the TM wheel are supported. Surely, the game should have had a disclaimer on the back of the box telling us as consumers which wheel controller is supported...especially if it was known before hand by the manufacturer of the game title that only the DFGT and TM would work.......!

Logi Visitor
james007bond

Here  are the games titles I own and that work with the G27 (I am not talking about button remapping but actual handling of the wheel in terms of force feedback, resistance and driveability)..

F12010 - superb

DIRT2 - superb (but very sensitive...lol)

NFS Hot Pursuit - superb (but need the update to be applied to fix the deadzone problem... Well done to EA for listening to their consumers...)

GT5-  erm gathering dust on the shelf at the moment...

Logi Nu
Celestin

But I really, really want the wheel to work with GT5... ;...

[ Edited ]

But I really, really want the wheel to work with GT5... ;_;

Looks like in the other thread, people are saying to not expect to get my G27 until end of May.  The Thrustmaster is a complete rip off ( $600 and no H-shifter?  Should I be giving them a **bleep** with my money as well? ), but Logitech is... glacially slow... ;_;

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

Re: But I really, really want the wheel to work with GT5... ;...

My advivce is if you're getting (or want this Wheel), for Gran Turismo 5 / Prologue;

THEN DON'T!!

You'll only open up a World of pain trust me on this I'm in this very situation right now waiting for a "Patch" that'll never come. Worse still is the fact that ever since the v1.06 Update, Polyphony Digital managed to bork the Force Feedback effects on the G27.As I've already stated the FFB effects were never that great to begin with,

**ON THE G27** (G25 Owner(s), your mileage may vary, but please don't confuse our Wheel with yours 'kay?).

But whatever PD did to that Game it forked over the G27 BAD! and the Game is just about unplayable with it (i.e. G27)

Having trying a copy of GTR2 (for the PC), I can get a better sense of this Wheel, granted the Game was for the G25, and had an even trickier setup to get the Peddles and H-Gate to work, but alas THEY DO!

The Force Feedback? Hard very VERY REALISTIC! You can actually feel the car burning its Tires when you do a standing start. I can not ever recall such ~sensations~ like that in GT5.

Oh yeah another thing, in a Game that actually cuts the Motor out on you stall the Engine, causing you to have to manually restart your Car. The Clutch is 100% Accurate to what I've found on Cars IRL. Miss the Shift and the Motor dies on you. Other wise I had no Issues getting from First into Second (or vise verse).

As much as it pains me to admit this if you need a top quality GT5 Wheel, you'd best look at the T500RS, at least that Wheel is KNOWN to work 100% in that Game.

Perhaps PD might someday grace all of us G2x'ers with a Patch, but I've given up on holding my breath...