01-04-2012 10:33 AM
My new G27 and playseat finally arrived yesterday. I got everything put together and fired up the game (GT5) only to be very dissapointed and frustrated. After spending all that time and money and looking forward to some fun, the wheel didn't even respond. Everything else on the wheel seems to work, all buttons, shifters, lights, even the clutch. But during gameplay the wheel is dead, no feedback or response. I can gas, break, shift, and all like normal, but the car just keeps going straight.
I read about some similar issues on here that are believed to be due to problems with the power supply. But unlike in those instances, my wheel still DOES spin/calibrate when you turn it on leading me it may be something else.
Here is what I've done so far:
1. Checked cords, everything plugged in.
2. Swapped outlets, removed other cords from outlets.
3. Logged into PSN and updated PS3 and GT5 game.
4. Restarted system several times, disconnected/reconnected everything several times.
5. Tried wheel with another game (motorstorm apacolypse or whatever its called) and have the same exact issue, so it doesn't seem to be a Gran Turismo 5 issue.
6. Used various forms of profanity, called the wheel names and threatened it with destruction. Hasn't fixed anything with the wheel, but made me feel a bit better.
01-13-2012 04:16 PM
Test it on a PC to make sure. The rotation of the wheel and return to center is usually the sign that it's fine, but something else could be wrong? Either way, if you plug it into a PC, install the Logitesh Gaming Software for that wheel, and test it in the Game Controllers properties panel, you should be able to see if the wheel is sending the correct signals.