Logi Nu
sharf

Change default startup app on G510s

Hi All,

I've been struggling with this on my G510s. When the keyboard starts up, the default app is the profile selector. I would like it to start on the lcd clock app instead. Well, the apps are listed in an order top to bottom so I thought hey, disabling the top app (profile selector) would make the second app (clock) start up by default. I was wrong. By disabling the profile selector, it just automatically skips the clock and goes for the 3rd choice, the stop watch. The only way I can get it to start with the app I want is to disable all but that app.

You'd think with all this keyboard and the software does, this wouldn't be hard to accomplish. Am I just missing something? Or is this really not an option?

kgober
Kudos: 771
Solutions: 470

Re: Change default startup app on G510s

there are actually technical reasons why this is hard to do, and it's a feature that people have been asking for for a while now. I asked for it in 2009 (and provided a fairly detailed example of how it could be made to work).  it's possible my request wasn't seen, or maybe it was but someone at Logitech felt it wasn't worth the effort.

if you kill the LCDclock process and manually run the applet exe again, does it become the default?  if so you might be able to script that and make it a scheduled task.

-ken

What technical reason would prevent that from being done? I don't feel like running a script for it, I'll just kill all the other apps on the keyboard. Don't use them anyway.

kgober
Kudos: 771
Solutions: 470

primarily the issue is that each applet is its own program, rather than being part of LGS (although sometimes multiple applets are built into a single program).  so LGS has only a limited ability to influence how they behave.  in particular, LGS does not have direct control over whether an applet runs or not -- it can only control whether an already-running applet displays or not.  also, each applet is able to force itself to display for various legitimate reasons, and it's not possible to determine whether an applet is forcing itself to the foreground simply because it wants to be the default, or because it has an important alert that it needs to show.

-ken