Logi Nu
MuttonJeff

Changing colour on g510

Hi,

I have a g510 keyboard with G-Series Key Profiler version 3.06.109, running on windows 7 64 bit.

When I go into the profiles I can't find the option to change the backlighting colour. All the online help says there should be a drop down menu next to the m1 m2 m3 profile buttons, but there is nothing like this showing.

I tried to update the software, but it says I have the most recent.

Any ideas?

Logi Nu
MuttonJeff

Re: Changing colour on g510

Just noticed the G keys don't work at all... The media keys are working and the LCD seems fine, however my PC doesn't seem to recognise the g keys!

kgober
Kudos: 759
Solutions: 462

Re: Changing colour on g510

you have to click on the little colored blobs next to M1/M2/M3 in the Key Profiler window to cause the dropdown to appear.

the 'check for updates' feature has never worked for as long as I can remember, but v3.06 is the latest version of LGPS, also known as the "legacy" software.  you can also download LGS v8.12 from this site (also known as the "current" software), which is designed to be easier to use, but which also uses more system resources and has more bugs.

the G-keys will only do something if you have set them to do something in the currently active profile.  note that the "currently active" profile might not be the same as the "currently being viewed/edited in Key Profiler" profile.  Key Profiler will automatically activate different profiles (if it is running with sufficient rights to be able to see what programs are running, and which of them is the foreground application).

-ken