Logi Browser
hugsandkisses
Accepted Solution

G15 LCD Performance Monitor App, only shows 1 Core for Intel i7 ?

Hello.

I just built a new pc that has an intel i7 920 processor.

This cpu shows 8 cores in windows vista 64bit, task manager (4 real + 4 due to Hyperthreading)

Upon checking the G15 LCD Performance Monitor Application, it behaves as if there is only one core.

Only one bar is shown for CPU.

The same App on another pc with a intel Q6600 quad core cpu, shows 4 bars, one for each core.

Is there a way to use this LCD application to show all 8 cores, or even just 4 cores (without disabling HT), for the intel core i7 processors?

If not can someone reccomend an alternative app that can do this?

Thanks.

CharlesB

Re: G15 LCD Performance Monitor App, only shows 1 Core for Intel i7 ?

Since HT is effectively handled by the OS as 8 logical cores, it appears to overwhelm the current software. I can talk with the software developers and see about the possibilities of making ammends for the new 8-logical core beasts out there.

On the other hand, for situations like these, we also do provide the SDK for people to make their own applets.

Logi Apprentice
SirReal

There are a few alternatives. Mine, for example. :smileyhappy:

LCDSirReal for G15/G13LCDHost for G19/G15/G13

LCDHost and LCDSirReal homepage: http://www.linkdata.se/
Logi Browser
hugsandkisses

CharlesB wrote:

Since HT is effectively handled by the OS as 8 logical cores, it appears to overwhelm the current software. I can talk with the software developers and see about the possibilities of making ammends for the new 8-logical core beasts out there.

Any word on if this request was added to the 3.02 release?

( i guess i will find out soon enough when i try it out)

Assuming it did not make it to the 3.02 release, any word on if it will be added to the next 3.03 release?

Thanks.

Logitech Employee
Chris_P

It has been requested but I can't say whether it will happen or not.  There is a lot of stuff on our engineers' plates.
Logi Nu
MystRaven

I, too, am eagerly hoping that this revision takes place. Upgraded to i7 a few weeks ago, and was wondering how the 8 threads would be handled (given my Core2 Quad at the office shows all cores, but at 1 pixel height each) - wasn't expecting to see just one bar, though. How about averaging each core's 2 threads onto a bar? Surely that should satisfy everyone... (Haven't tried the 3.02 release yet, though, will be doing that this evening - if it was addressed therein... well, then this post is superfluous.)
Logi Nu
tbunner

Bump for my new i7 rig

Logi Nu
negZero

I just got an AMD Phenom II 1090T, with 6 cores. I'm having the same problem as those using Intel chips with either 4-core hyperthreading or the new 6-core chips. When I replaced my old Phenom II 940 with the new chip, the display dropped from 4 cores displayed to one.

I know the engineers have bigger fish to fry, but this is going to become an increasingly larger problem as more G-series users move to CPUs with more than 4 cores.

When I had my first G15 and upgraded from a 1-core system to a 2-core system, I realized that it would support 4 cores as-is, but no more with the G15. I have the G19 now, so it would have an easier time displaying many cores, but I have no idea how the G15, G13, and the like will handle more than 6-8. More than 4 is already a stretch, but next year or the year after, CPUs with 12 or more cores will start coming out. That would create a field of "core tachometers" on my G19. G15s would probably have to use a line of 4 monitors showing 4 cores each. 16 is probably the most a G15 can handle, unless the coders get creative.

Eh, I wasn't trying to type an essay when I started writing this, so I'll close with: If the engineers do get around to allowing more than 4 cores to be displayed, it'll be interesting to see what they'll come up with.

Logi Nu
DNASoldier

I just got the 6 core and I wondered if they are busy with the new display for 6 or 8 core???

Logi Nu
He--razør

YES I want the 6 cores on my G19 Display as well!

COME ON LOGITECH, I JUST GOT A G9X BECAUSE RAZER **bleep** COMPARED TO YOU GUYS, DON'T LET US DOWN!!!