Logi Nu
Buju3000

G15 and windows 8

"LoadLibrary failed with error 126"

Any fixes or post that I overlooked addressing this issue? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Logi Browser
northie

Re: G15 and windows 8

[ Edited ]

G15 works for me in Windows 8 preview 64-bit just fine. No problems at all.

Edit: Since then began using sleep and the g15 display apps do not come back after wake. Othan than that notta.

Logi Nu
CouchOrnament

I am getting the same error as you on one of my machines. Wierd really as it works on my other G510 and Windows 8.. Sigh. More digging.

Logi Nu
CouchOrnament

Okay I am not sure what I did to change it. So I will go over what I did AFTER I posted here. 

I updated my CM Inferno Drivers and reset PC. G510 Still wouldn't initialise. Installed new Catalyst Drivers and updated Star Trek Online. Tried G510 software again for S&G and it worked. 

Not sure if any of the other drivers had some sort of effect via a shared resource or something. But all I can say is keep trying. Wish I could be more helpful.

Logi Nu
Buju3000

What catalyst drivers are you using? 

Still same problems. At one point it worked. But post updating something seems to have broken it. 

Im thinking it has something to do with CCC. 

Logi Nu
Buju3000

[ Edited ]

Well yeah... 

Reinstalled CCC and now works fine...

HRMMMMMMMM

Logi Nu
Buju3000

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20)

Download size: 18.8 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

This driver was provided by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. for support of ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20)

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=200000359

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

^This breaks it. FYI.

Logi Nu
CouchOrnament

[ Edited ]

Yeah, it isn't even just Catalyst. But as base as the AMD Driver itself. I have been trying to get Crossfire to work with BF3 (only one I cannot get in crossfire on Windows 8) and deleted the AMD Display Driver, only to have the Logitech G510 Program crash and give me the 126 (or whatever) error. 

What AMD's Display Driver has in common with the G510 I do not know. But, so be it. 

Logi Nu
chevell

[ Edited ]

For me the G15 keyboard causes the mouse pointer and entire screen to freeze up when ever the mouse pointer is in the corners.

None of the G15 Logitech drivers fix this problem, compatiblity mode does not help.  Removing the HID drivers didn't fix the problem either. This is a well known problem with Windows 8 and the G15 keyboard.

The problem seems to be the HID keyboard driver at the top of the list in Device Manager. Uninstalling this driver fixes the problem but this same HID driver reinstalls itself everytime I restart. There is no way to keep the HID driver from reinstalling at start up so the problem persists.

When will Logitech make some drivers that fix this problem I wonder?

UPDATE:

After finding the problem HID driver and uninstalling it "it was the first one on the list of three,". I right clicked Keyboard in Device Manager and told it to scan for hardware changes which reinstalled the bad driver. At that point I right clicked on the problem driver and chose "update driver software" did the manual install method "Browse my computer for driver Software", then instead of browsing for it choose, "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my machine" at that point there is a choice of two drivers, one says " HID Keyboard device" the second one simply says "HID compliant device" which is the same one you mentioned before so I chose that one. After Windows updates the bad driver it vanishes from the list and opens up an expanded list of "Human interface devices" which is where I assume the new driver was installed too.

The fix holds, and even after a reboot the old bad HID driver does not reinstall itself in the Keyboard HID driver list.  I would imagine that if you installed the Logitech driver for the G15 or if you unplug the keyboard you may need to go through the procedure a second time but I haven't tested this out yet.

Logi Nu
LonCM2

I am having problems with the G15 under Windows 8

The keyboard wont send any macro keys to programs.