Logi Browser
JonathanYaniv

G19 LCD keeps rebooting / flashing randomly

The Logitech G19 LCD keeps rebooting/restarting on random and flashing the Logitech logo. No idea why, please help.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit.

--
Jonathan Yaniv
Malware Researcher
Hardware / Software Reviewer
http://www.jonathanyaniv.com

Don't forget the kudos!!!.
Logi Nu
Acbsfg

Re: G19 LCD keeps rebooting / flashing randomly

I am on win7 32bit and the seem problem

Logi Nu
Essoen

Got the same problem. I can get it to work sometimes by rebooting the computer or unplug and plug in again the AC-adapter and the USB-cable, but I may have the same problem if I reboot the computer later again.

W7 64-bit, but it worked perfectly before .. :smileyfrustrated:

Logi Nu
slobsy

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same issue.  Got my G19 Jan 2010, it was fine for a few weeks then began to reboot randomly.  It got worse and worse and I eventually returned it to Amazon in March.  They replaced it with new one which was fine until last week, now the replacement is doing the same thing. 

Have tried different usb slots but nothing works, it's getting worse every day. 

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.  If this one has to go back then I'll have to go for refund and look around for different product, and I don't really want to have to do that.

Windows vista 32bit.

Logi Nu
demp

I'm also having this issue.

• Screen flashes on and off at a regular interval when AC is plugged in, USB plugged in or not.
  • Standard keys all work fine, G keys, M profile obviously keys don't work. When plugged in the backlight comes on in the standard color. Media keys work
  • Just to cover everything I disabed EHCI as well as completely removed and reinstalled Setpoint. Setpoint now says "Please plug in your G-Series Device"
  • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate - Ran fine on this OS for 6 months before issue began.
  • When plugged in and flashing I hear the occasional sound from windows when you connect and disconnect a USB device.

figure I'd post here in case someone finds out anything, before I contact Logitech to see about service.

Logi Nu
jphished

this is a post from logitech on a different thread : they are blaming everyone but themselves and are doing nothing to try and fix the issue ... to make a long story short everyone who bought one of these keyboards "made for gaming " dont work on "gaming " systems !!

Long story short: We've found the way that some motherboards handle USB keyboards over USB 2.0 can cause some very odd issues. Motherboards we've seen these problems on are based mostly 790i and x58 chipsets. On these motherboards, disabling EHCI handoff in the BIOS (Actually, EHCI handoff should be disabled if you're using XP SP2 or above) or using a non-EHCI compliant PCI-e USB card tends to resolve the issue. We HAVE seen that the G19 may also be prone to radio interference across the USB bus (Users with iPhones have reported bus resets if the phone is too close to the screen), but these are easily resolved by moving the interference producing device as little as 12" away from the screen. It does appear that x58s also appear to be a bit more "delicate" when it comes to the signal quality across the USB bus, so some users have reported resolution by relocating USB connections to be more spread out on the computer, downclocking their overclocks, relocating the power connector of the G19 to another power port, etc etc.

If it was a problem with the G19, it would occur on all computers regardless of make or model. The fact that it appears on these specific motherboards, under specific BIOS settings, and can be reproduced with ANY USB keyboard plugged into a USB 2.0 port on these motherboards points to an issue beyond the keyboard. Frankly, if it was within the keyboard, we here at Logitech would be happy because that means we could fix it.

Logi Browser
DarkPsion

Mine just started doing this today and the only USB device I plug into the keyboard are my external Hard Drives..

I would hope Logitech has a fix for this, I have never had any problems with their products and have always gave them great reviews at Amazon.com and other places. I may need to edit my reviews with a warning.

Logi Browser
DarkPsion

Talked to Logitech Customer Support today and while we were getting all my information, the keyboard just came back to full function. But it did not last, everything went back to bad several hours later.

Here is what it is doing;

LCD monitor was flashing on and off with the Logitech loading screen. After I reinstalled, it flashed slower and today it has stopped flashing all toghther (which is actually a good thing)

Backlighting is stuck in default white and will not change. The M1-3 buttons are nonfunctional.

Macro G-keys are non functional.

The * backlight on/off button is nonfuctional.

The Keyboard itself is still functional as a keyboard and I have not noticed any lag when I am typing.

If I plug an Externa Hard drive into the USB ports, the drive does get power, but there is no access with the computer, in fact it never detects the drive at all.

I can activvate the LCD Manager and I can change settings, but there is no effects. But I was trying this when it came back earlier today. Don't know if I did something right or if it just started up on it's own.

I have reinstalled, unpluged for a while and relocated the USB to different ports with no effect.

I do not have the powerfull game system most of you have, my keyboard was a gift. I am running XP, have no USB devices aside from my external Hard Drives and don't know what my motherboard is.

Logi Nu
Hovadko

i had very same problem with my g19 and then i find out there are two simultaniously running LCD displays in Logitech lcd manager so after every sestem start i have to shut duwn Logitech LCD manager and turn it on again and everything is good. after some time restart ldc manager stop working so i turn off all programs in one of them and it works too.but i am not sure if you have the same problem. my screen was blinking and screen controls works badly. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Logi Browser
DarkPsion

Don't worry about it, I can understand your English better than the Tech-Speak in the other threads :smileywink:

One thing mentioned in the other threads was interference caused by USB 2.0 device like an iPhone. I decided to test my External Hard drives to see if they could be causeing any interference by using them right behind the LCD monitor.

I used a USB2.0 hub to connect to the back of the computer and when I pluged in my LaCie S+arck drive, the LCD monitor came on with the Logitech logo for about 30 seconds and then it started flashing on and off again and has contiuned to do so since then.

If it will stop flashing again, I will try to reproduce the effect with the hard drive again.