Logi Nu
psygon

G19 - how can I change keys backlight color

Just got my G19 today and everything seems to work fine, but I can't figure out how to change the key backlight color, which I had read was a feature of the product.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Thanks.

PS I'm using the Vista 64 "drivers" on windows 7.  Everything seems to work fine other than I can't find anywhere to change the key color!

Logi Visitor
Bitgod

Re: G19 - how can I change keys backlight color

[ Edited ]

Yeah, really!  I'm in the same boat, got my G19 today, it's pretty decent, but WTH, it'd be nice to have a manual for a $200 keyboard.  The quick start guide is a waste, if you're "smart" enough to buy a $200 kb, you're smart enough to know how to install it.  And hopefully smart enough to not even bother with the install CD and go download the latest drivers from the website.

So yay, I got to play the game of "figure how out to use the new controls for the screen apps", but I don't have any info on how to change the colors, so now I'm starting the search for how to do it.

Message Edited by Bitgod on 05-21-2009 07:40 PM
Logi Visitor
Bitgod

Ah, I see I had a feeling I was being too smart, there's a setup video on the CD.  Fine, make me install old software just to see instructions, then update to newer software (I mean, you'd still have to do 2 installs just to have current SW).  It would have been nice to have the demo seperate on the CD or an option to watch the demo from the installer screen without installing.
Logi Nu
psygon

Did you figure it out?  I didn't see anything on the video that showed how to...
Logi Visitor
Bitgod

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I ended up deleting the game panel software, reinstalling the 3.01 off the CD, which doesn't tell you anything, it just sort of hints at how you're supposed to do it.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled the 3.02 off the website.

Basically all you have to do is have the Key Profiler window open, the one with the macro key assignments.  You'll see the 3 M keys at the top, each with a white color next to them.  The white color is white because that's the current assigned color.  If you click on the white area, you'll get the drop-down menu that lets you choose the colors.  You can pick from the presets or do the custom color.  You get 3 colors, one for each M key, so do your favorite as the M1 key since I think that'll be the default whenever it boots up.

Weirdly enough, I always liked the blue on my G15, and I kind of liked the default white, but I've decided to use the purple for now, I like the way it pops.

There really needs to be an actual manual that shows what the buttons do and gives some actual instruction on how to program things, rather than relying on a non-language "multi-lingual" demo.

Message Edited by Bitgod on 05-21-2009 08:42 PM
Logi Apprentice
toliveira

Aw come on it isnt that hard .

In any way , on my G13 the colors sometimes arent really what is displayed on the screen and if you input the same colors on the G13 and on the G19 they show up a little diffrent from what ive heard.

Logi Browser
Tcutchi

The backlight color is changed through the G-key profiler, 1 color per M group   (I have mine as M1 Blue   M2 Red and  M3 Orange)

Logi Apprentice
WhiteHawk

Haha!  I had as much fun trying to figure that out when I first got my G19.  I came upon the colour selecter in the Keyboard Profiler quite by accident.  :smileywink:

Of course, you can have a lot more fun with backlight colours than just setting one per M key.  G-Series scripting allows for a number of possibilities.  :smileyhappy:

____
(o.0)
Logi Browser
TankGirl72

Gotta love how no-one actually answers the question. lol

I was having trouble at first too. But like the poster above 1 found it by accident.

It's the white color box next to the M1 M2 and/or M3 in the key profiler.

Logi Apprentice
JBDragon

Re: G19 - how can I change keys back light color

I got my keyboard USED, with no CD, but the price was right, I just downloaded the newest drivers for my 64-bit Windows 7 PC, so no Video for me.  I did figure it out myself though.  BUT now I've seen pictures where most of the keys are one color, but a few keys are of a different color, like for direction movement.  Yet I see no way of doing this, unless this is some type of custom Game thing?!?!