Logi Nu
PaperShield

G19 type gibberish and acts odd

[ Edited ]

I bought my G19 about 3 months ago, maybe less, has been working very well and then all of a sudden when I was using it, doing my daily activities, it starts acting very odd. When I would hit the letter "M" it would type this: "M&A"  and when I would hit the letter "L" it would type: ",l8" and also change the current song I was listening to. This might seem funny at first - even my mate thought I was telling lies when I tryed to describe the troubles I was having with it to him.

I've tryed reinstalling the drivers, trying drivers for a different OS, I tryed installing the keyboard on a different PC, and it does the same thing on a different PC? Does the G19 have memory/the ability to save data/settings? I have never had such a bizzare issue and it's not something I can just live with. I have the feeling it's some stupid setting I may have put of on or something rediculously simple. This is an expensive keyboard here in Aust. so if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. I can't just kop this on the chin I need to fix it or somehow get a warranty.

Thank you all. Regards Adon.

CharlesB

Re: G19 type gibberish and acts odd

There could be a corruption on the matrix, either caused by foreign contamination (liquid) or by a bad solder inside the hardware. I'd contact customer support and see what they can do for you.

Logi Nu
PaperShield

Okay cheers - I will give it a go. Wow never would have guested that.

Logi Nu
Munty

I just started to get the identcal problem. I found this thread by googling M&A g19

pressing l get = ,l8

pressing m i get = M&A

heres a result from typing every key left to right top to bottom starting at tilda.

`1234567890-=(backspace ok)

(tab ok)qwertyuio(p is strange it kinda acts as num lock)[]\

(capslock ok)asdfghjk(,l8 <thats l);'(enter ok)

(shift ok)zxcvbn(M&A <thats m),./(shift ok)

all bottom row keys appear ok.

so appears to be just pl&m.

Pretty sure this must be more than coincidence.

Running Windows 7 64bit

Any help would be great

kgober
Kudos: 754
Solutions: 458

Munty: that looks like a hardware problem.  contact customer support.

-ken

No coincidence, Same problem Win 7 64-bit, btw, bought mine yesterday.

Logi Browser
driver2099

this is happening to me as well. Running Win 7 64 bit as well.

bought mine 04/10

Logi Rook
Sarge

Try uninstalling and then re-installing your LGPS. (Oh, and make sure you're using version 3.04). That should re-set the keyboard and deal with one of the possible casues of this issue.

If the observed behavior persists, try re-routing your keyboard and it's cable so it is seperated and/or shielded as much as possible from all EM and RF sources as much as you can. That is, if you have any kind of radio on your desktop (including bluetooth hubs or wireless phone base stastuons, wirless mouse hubs, etc) move it away from the G19 and it's cable as much as possible. Some users have reported that the G19 may be vulnerable to either EM or RF interferrence, although this is still a matter under invistigation.

Logi Browser
driver2099

called customer service and they say it is a hardware issue and are sending a new G19

CharlesB

Nearly every single gaming-capable computer these days, and the majority of computers available at my local computer store, come with Windows 7 x64. If you are getting crossed keys on the QWERTY portion, and it behaves the same way on a different computer (And you're 100% sure the keyboard isn't associated with an international key input profile in the system), you should contact support for assistance.