CharlesB

G510 Firmware update!

[ Edited ]

http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/keyboards/G510Updater.exe

This is the latest build, and removes key blocking issues that some users might see on their G510 keyboards. It will temporarily reset your keyboard, but when it comes back, you should see better multi-key press performance (especially around the arrow and 10-key pads)

If the firmware update fails, close the program and retry the update :smileyhappy:

If you had a keyboard affected by the first update, follow the steps here

Logi Visitor
Raven76

Re: G510 Firmware update!

[ Edited ]

CharlesB wrote:

http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/keyboards/G510Updater.exe

This is the latest build, and removes key blocking issues that some users might see on their G510 keyboards. It will temporarily reset your keyboard, but when it comes back, you should see better multi-key press performance (especially around the arrow and 10-key pads)

If the firmware update fails, close the program and retry the update :smileyhappy:

Update done without problems!... today I'll test the keyboard with some games... :smileywink:

ps: it seems that "super meaty boy" now functions perfectly with the combo shift+right+space! :smileyvery-happy:

Logi Browser
TemplarLord

Got the keyboard yesterday, flashed firmware just to be sure everything's smooth, went OK!

CharlesB

Super Meat Boy, and also the prevelance of some flash based browser games in Asia, helped drive the improvement. Also, it's always a good thing to expand functionality :smileywink:

Also, Super Meat Boy on a keyboard??? Buy a controller! Seriously I don't know how you people play that game on a keyboard; I was using it to test the new firmware and I almost went "HULK SMASH" while playing some of the later levels.

Logi Visitor
Raven76

Also, Super Meat Boy on a keyboard??? Buy a controller! Seriously I don't know how you people play that game on a keyboard; I was using it to test the new firmware and I almost went "HULK SMASH" while playing some of the later levels.

Well... I've an Extreme 3D Pro joystick for my flight sims.... and I've the new g700 mouse for fps-gaming!... I've also an old logitech Dual Action Gamepad but I've used it no more that 2-3 times... I'm not confortable with pads... I started to play with a keyboard with my msx2 (1988) and so I'm now totally "keyboard addicted"! Even with Street fighter 4 I play with the keyboard (and I'm a decent player!)

ps: oh yeah... my "logitech collection" includes also a logitech webcam and a z-5500 sound system! :smileyvery-happy:

Logi Nu
Cabble

I got very hard problems with my G510. At first it worked like it should do. After ~a month of using the following happened: When i plugged the keybord in any computer it didnt work. not even the light went on. It was detected as "HFU" and didnt work at all. I tetsed it on several computers. Afteer hours of searching i found this firmware-update.

Also sometimes when i started the computer frum energy-safe mode the keyboard was not detected aswell. in this case it helped every time to "re-plug" the keybored.

now i installed the firmware-update and my keyboard is working fine on every computer. i hope the bug is also removed wich is sometimes appearing when starting from energy-safe mode.

It would be really awesome if you would introduce this update in the list of drivers (where you can find the LCD- and gaming-software) it took me relly a lot of time to find this in this forum.

Logi Nu
nbcr

[ Edited ]

BEWARE!!

I tried to update the g510 using an X58 motherboard and it bricked my one month old, $130 keyboard. Thanks logitech for building a great big waste of money.

Edit:

I take that back - visit here and at the bottom of the page is a place where you can find instructions on how to unbrick.

Although I wasn't able to unbrick it on my x58, I had to move it to another computer. So keep this in mind when unbricking.

Also this firmware update seemed to fix the problem I was having in the first place. My keyboard kept resetting itself when paired with a Asus Sabretooth X58 motherboard.

Cheers to Logitech - Except their customer service dept. They told me that it was the motherboard fault and therefore they wouldn't do a **bleep** thing about it. They told me that since the keyboard worked in another computer it wasn't the keyboard. I countered with well other keyboards work on this motherboard so it must be the keyboard. That shut them up quick.

Logi Nu
edchung2000

Thanks very much Logitech!

It's reassuring to know that Logitech are dedicated to after sales support for their products.

Keep up the good work.

Just a small note though that after updating, I needed to change USB ports on my Intel P45 motherboard to ensure the keyboard is useable during bios bootup to get into the bios config. If I didn't change ports, the big "G510" didn't display after bootup rendering it inoperable until windows loaded.

Logi Nu
spudsrus

super meatboy on keyboard is a natural evolution from i wanna be the guy...
Logi Browser
Tomek80

Unfortunately the keys still block ... so the problems isn`t solved.

Try to play Pro Evolution Soccer ... there was no problems with G15 but after the keyboard has broken (space button) i had to replace it. I thought G510 will be improved ... but not = i cannot play the game because keys are blocking.

I`ve ordered mechanical SteelSeries 6G v2 keyboard withg PS/2 ... i hope it will work.

P.S. There`s really too many G buttons on G510 = mess = hard to hit proper button during game.

| G9 | G9x | G13 | G15 | G510 | G25 | G35 | Z-Cinema |