04-07-2012 01:49 PM
I've had my G510 for about a year or so now, and I love it. I sometimes use it for gaming, but more often I use it to open programs quicker with G-key shortcuts.
It's been working fine for some time, but I recently updated to 8.20.74 of the software, and now it opens programs in the background (which it did not do before). For example, while Firefox is open, if I hit G11 to open Calculator, it opens Calculator behind Firefox, and shows Calculator blinking orange in the taskbar. This kind of defeats the purpose of being able to open programs quicker, because now I have to do an extra step (either click in the taskbar with the mouse, or alt-tab).
This is a very annoying bug, and I've tried downgrading to no avail, so if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-12-2012 03:44 PM
Bump? If no one can find a solution for this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a Windows update problem. I noticed today when I plug a flash drive in, AutoPlay opens in the background as well, which I don't believe it did before... Also, I've checked to make sure all my drivers are updated.
04-17-2012 06:20 AM
I might be wrong but I believe that windows has a setting somewhere that you can use to chose whether to open tasks up 'in front' or 'behind' currently running tasks - I am sure I saw this option when I was installing windows 7 yonks ago (mind you I recently had a baby so I can't remember my own name half the time )
04-17-2012 06:56 PM
Thanks for the response. I looked into that, did some searching on Google and in my computer, and I can't find a setting like that, although it sounds familiar. I did find some other people who were having problems with hotkeys on Microsoft keyboards, where it would open the Windows Calculator in the background (or any other program assigned to the key, same as in my case). Unfortunately, no solution could be found in their cases, even though many people had the problem, and many were working to solve it. I have tried other solutions to problems similar to mine I found while searching, and none have fixed this. Really strange.
04-19-2012 03:37 AM - edited 04-20-2012 03:08 AM
it sounds like this may be a local problem like mentioned here and the best would be to sort out that problem locally.
if this doesnt work .. you could try to use a "plugin" i programmed, it will let you do a lot more things then Lua or Logitech software.
since e.g. calculator will be opened ontop of firefox on my PC i cant confirm it will work, but it should.
1) download, extract to any local folder, start the llServer.exe
2) copy code below to your profile (you must change line1: "D:\\llProject\" to the extract location and maybe line6: "C:\Windows\system32" to be your location for your file to open.
3) activate the profile and press G1 to test
-- llProject Start --> llas=0;ClearLog();llpp=[[D:\llProject\]];dofile(ll
pp..[[__System\_Resources\lua\llProjectStart.lua]] ) -- llProject End --> function OnEvent(event, arg, family) if event=="G_PRESSED" and arg==1 then ll.sCmd("RunExecute", "calc.exe", [[C:\Windows\system32]], "@SW_MAXIIMIZE") end end
from the manual (pdf):
ll.sCmd("RunExecute", File, Folder, Flag)
Command: Execute a program, with start parameters if needed
File: Full file-path with appending parameters if needed [DEFAULT: '']
Folder: Folder containing the file
Flag: @SW_HIDE, @SW_MINIMIZE, @SW_MAXIIMIZE
04-19-2012 09:29 PM
Interesting. I think I'm doing something wrong, because it's giving me a syntax error, but it seems to be working. I will update in a couple of days if it is continuing to work and then mark as solution.
However, while this is a solution, I don't like the fact that I have to run an extra piece of software. Going to continue looking into this...
04-19-2012 10:01 PM
Okay guys, never mind. I figured it out.
The top answer in this thread worked like a charm.
-Go to regedit
-Open [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
-‘ForegroundLockTimeout’, set or modify the value to 0
-Be happy you can open programs properly with G-keys again
So, I'm thinking what caused the problem was either a Windows Update or a cleaning of the registry with CCleaner. Either way, it's fixed now. Thanks for the responses.
04-20-2012 03:06 AM - edited 04-20-2012 03:13 AM
.. congratulations! that's the best solution!! didnt know those settings before.
btw: i corrected the syntax in my code above .. it was missing "ll.sCmd("
if event=="G_PRESSED" and arg==1 then ll.sCmd("RunExecute", ...
as is said your solution is best - this was only a workaround/test.