Logi Browser
Ben19881

G510 Unable to boot into BIOS

I need help with making my G510 work with booting into BIOS again.

When I first got my keyboard, I was able to get into bios with, now I'm stuck with two keyboards.

Here's what I've tried:

-USB legacy ON in BIOS

-updated bios to latest firmware (F9) on the gigabyte z68 UD4 B3

-Cleared CMOS

-Ran G510updater.exe

-Disabled G510 speakers

-Reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software

-Reinstalled Setpoint

I need help getting this to work. It's outrageous that that a GAMING keyboard is unable to acess BIOS (duh.... gamers tend to overclock and subsequently need to acess BIOS).

Help please!!

PS: All the above were done at stock clocks and fresh install (bought SSD with G510)

kgober
Kudos: 771
Solutions: 470

Re: G510 Unable to boot into BIOS

BIOS option for legacy USB needs to be enabled.  driver versions don't matter because drivers don't get loaded until after Windows starts.

if you have a headset plugged into the G510, unplug it.  sometimes the BIOS is not able to initialize the keyboard if it has audio resources attached to it.

your keyboard doesn't access the BIOS, instead your BIOS accesses your keyboard.  the trick is to set things up so that your BIOS is able to recognize and initialize the keyboard.  almost every BIOS is able to manage this task with a generic basic keyboard, but adding features to a keyboard makes this job harder, not easier.  the more extra features a keyboard has, the more likely it is to have compatibilty problems.

-ken

As I've said, the legacy USB is enabled.

I've recently re-installed windows, and voila, my G510 worked in bios again.

then after changing some bios option and changing them back, the g510 stopped working AGAIN.

What a piece of crap... an expensive one at that

also, "but adding features to a keyboard makes this job harder, not easier.  the more extra features a keyboard has, the more likely it is to have compatibilty problems." 

This is utter bull. It's true, but the fact remains that logitech should stand behind what they're making. If they can't get compatibility for such a basic option, they should NOT have released the keyboard. I don't give a crap if it's harder to make it compatible... that's why I'm paying much more for THIS product rather than $10 for a generic keyboard... and guess what? my $10 keyboard actually works in bios.

HELP LOGITECH!

Logi Browser
Ben19881

So are are G510 folks not going to get any support for this?

Shame that this problem isn't being reviewed properly by websites who rate the G510.

I keep seeing this problem pop up on multiple threads on even logitech's own website, yet they're making no indications that leads me to believe they will do anything to fix it.

I really like logitech products, but this one is  a real dissapointment.

I have a Z906, MX1000>MXrevolution>MX performance, logitech elite, G510, and recommended many of logitech's products to friends and family.

What happened logitech?

My reccomendation? STAY AWAY from the G510 if you really are a GAMER (which this kb is supposed to cater to). Every time I want to boot into my OC profile in BIOS, I have to pull out my old logitech elite kb.

My system:

i5 2500k

Z68x UD4 B3

G-skill 12800 8GB

470GTX

Vertex 3 120

850W antec PSU

kgober

and you have this problem even without a headset plugged into the keyboard?

-ken

People you must resolve this. What is problem???

Why some Intel motherboard have problem with G510.

I have complete G510-G700-C310.

Now i think to sell everything and go on Steelseries or I don't know.

Make some software, firmware,...

Logi Nu
Flicker

Re: G510 Unable to boot into BIOS nor will my K350

I've been following tihs issue since I have the same issue. The BIOS can not be accessed from boot up with the K350 keyboard.

Swapping out to a dfiierend keyboard (non Logitech) works ok to access the bios.  There is no where in my bios a setting called 'legacy' anything.

Correction: the boot sequence is Bios, hardware check  then software.  The "F" function (F12 here) interupts the boot proccess and loads the bios access panel.

Here it is 2012 and the issue is still the same as it was in 2010 and possibly earlier.  I like the keyboard - but too  have two keyboards to make an adjustment to the bios makes no sense. I wonder what else doesn't work properly that I havn't discovered yet. Ummmmm.....

kgober

I wonder if EHCI Handoff is related to this?  I know very little about it, but it's possible that the handoff only works in one direction, which could result in the keyboard working or not working in the BIOS setup depending on whether it was a cold boot or a warm boot...

-ken

having seen this issue on other mainboards with generic keyboards

Wait until the sata controller has initialised before trying to get into the bios, if you don't the usb hub isn't finished powering up and you end up with no keyboard working in the bios.
Logi Browser
Ben19881

[ Edited ]

Wow, more than half a year later, with more people admitting to the problem and there's still no fix?

I got my G510 to boot into bios for a while, but once I added another 470 for sli, I am now unable to get into bios again.

The only way I found to do it is to unplug my g510 and plug in my old school usb logitech keyboard. It's pretty lame to keep a keyboard around under my bed everytime I want to OC or get into bios. Seems kinda counterdictory to the whole "gaming" keyboard since gamers are most likely to need to get into bios

@Squall86r I've never once been in BIOS and had the G510 not work. It's getting into bios that's the problem. I usually have another keyboard to get me into bios and then use my g510 to navigate. 

My brother has the G15 with asus z68 board and he hasn't had the problem...

Can anyone please shed some light into this issue and get it fixed once and for all?