Logi New
John321181
Accepted Solution

How to backup g510 macros...which folder

win 7 64x, logitech g510

How do I backup all of the macros I have created for the g buttons on the left?

I have browsed all the folders but can't figure out which ones

Thanks in advance

Logi Visitor
quakehmf4

Re: How to backup g510 macros...which folder

I save my profiles (which includes macros) to somewhere for backup.

Save individual macros? I would like to know too :smileyhappy:

Logi New
John321181

As I stated: "How do I backup all of the macros".

Did I say "How do I backup a single macro" ....and why would somebody want to back up a single macro? LOL

kgober
Kudos: 733
Solutions: 448

the macros are stored within the profiles, so if you're backing up your profile files you are saving your macros too.

the exact location of the profiles depends on what operating system you're using.  on Windows XP, using the v3.0x software, they are stored in:

\Documents and Settings\your-username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logitech\G-series Software\Keyboard\Profiles

on Windows XP, using the v7.00 software, they are stored in:

\Documents and Settings\your-username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\profiles

on Vista and Win7 they will be in a slightly different location because those operating systems do the 'Documents and Settings' thing slightly differently.

-ken

ok, thanks to both of you, i am new to this keyboard and am learning about the "profiles" concept.

I thought the first poster was being sarcastic.

I will look around and see if I can figure it out....i just don't want to re-do all of the macros if my system crashes.

Logi New
John321181

ok, now that i know they are stored in the profiles folder, i went to appdata/john/logitech and backed up the two folders.

thanks again

Logi Journeyman
h0rse

hi ...

you could also create a link to a batch file by the name of e.g.  "BackupProfiles".

which will do copy *.* from your profile folder to another location (e.g. with an incrementing index)

then you could script: PlayMacro("BackupProfiles") to backup the folder on a single key-hit.

-------------- UPIA --------------->
Logi Nu
BrainB

WINDOWS 7 Batch File to create backup of profile file {09D92D75-3C8C-4723-B06C-4090BCB899C0}.xml

==========

Had a long search to find the folder due to the strange file name, so I record my results here.

Type something like the following (with paths depending on your system setup) into Notepad and save with a name like G510Backup.BAT. Can then doubleclick the BAT file in Windows Explorer to run it. It will overwrite any existing file in the backup folder with the same name.

C:
cd Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\profiles
copy *.xml "F:\Logitech Keyboard\*.xml"
PAUSE