12-19-2011 08:23 PM
Here's a list of what's new for LGS 8.20.
- LCD Emulator (accessed by holding CTRL+Shift while right-clicking on the System Tray Icon)
- Ability to Enable/Disable enhanced graphics
- Ability to Enable/Disable downloading of high resolution images
- Per profile/per mode backlighting (for G-series keyboards/gameboards)
- Various bug fixes.
- Batman: Arkham City
- Battlefield 3
- Dead Island
- Deus Ex: Human revolution
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Some additional notes on this:
- The Enable/Disable enhanced graphics option now fully delinks LGS from your 3D accelerator library, and will require a PC restart upon selecting or disabling this option
- LGS now comes preinstalled with lower-resolution images to increase performance on some systems. LGS is able to connect to the internet to download high resolution images. If LGS does not automatically download a high res image after a product has been detected, you may have Automatic Updates disabled in another Logitech application (ie SetPoint or LWS). Enable automatic updates in, say, SetPoint, and the high res images should download.
Crashes and detection:
- LGS 8.20 has a new set of drivers with improved detection routines. If you are having detection issues, try making sure you are using USB 2.0 ports (some USB 3.0 ports have enumeration issues), and make sure your devices are plugged directly into your PC
- If you are having LCore.exe crashes, the problem might be an access level problem inherent in your system. Try disabling UAC
12-20-2011 04:20 PM
I just installed this update for my G19, and not only is it not detecting Skyrim or activating even if I launch it manually, it appears to have deleted all my other G19 apps - clock, picture viewer, everything is gone except the profile selector which isn't working for the very game I updated for.
What's the story?
12-20-2011 05:09 PM - edited 12-20-2011 05:41 PM
I fired up the new emulator and I got my performance monitor back as well as all my other default applets. Though it may have been starting WoW also.
12-20-2011 06:50 PM
Try manually launching the applets in C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Applets , and it should remember from there.
2: If you're having profile issues, try reassociating the profile with the correct .exe. I haven't seen upgrade issues myself, but try manually reassociating the profile with the game's runtime.
12-20-2011 10:08 PM
8.20 glitch - now u can't click next, previous (I mean media control is not working). I need to make the window of Winamp active to make the buttons work. Ridiculous! Fix it plz ...
12-21-2011 01:55 AM - edited 12-21-2011 02:00 AM
Could u tell me in details where to set up this option? Is this a Winamp option in "global keyset" ? Cause my multimedia keys support is enabled in LGS
I've had Multimedia support in LCD applet same as in 8.12 and had no problem ...