Logi Nu
DIEJ

Re: Logitech G110 Sound Problems

QUOTE:

Hmm, not many people seem to have this issue so I'm not convinced it's an XP problem. I'm getting a little tired of the issue being blamed on something else. I've had the keyboard replaced already and I'm not interested in having to send this one back...again. The replacement had the same issue and it's really starting to turn me off of Logitech.

Again, i got my keyboard replaced and now i don't have the drop-outs (yet). No my sound cracks which it didn't do with the keyboard that had the sound dropouts. Really frustrating. Anything happend since i put my last comment down?

Logi Nu
Talaaya

I have a similar problem when I plug in or unplug my headphones from the keyboard jack. The sound will stop in many or all programs and/or the volume will no longer be adjustable. However I have found a workaround for this: go to "run..." and type "services.msc", then scroll down to "Windows Audio". Click "restart". When you do this it may stop sound from working in some programs. Simply restart the program or if it has sound options set it to the proper device. This way you don't have to completely restart your computer. If you're still having problems go to Windows' playback devices panel (by right clicking on the "speakers" tray icon) and make sure the device named something like "USB PnP Sound Device" is the default device.

Logi Nu
Chavo

[ Edited ]

Since two days I got myself the G110 and from day one I have Isseu's  were my aplication  freezes or sound just disapper.
For me it usaly happens when im using the keybord for anyting random.
( mostly game movement or typing but also incl using the G buttons or audio controols)

The keybord goos into a lock mode were I simply cant use it anymore unless I unplug it and replug it. then it works fine almost instandly again exsept for the sound as that requires a full aplication reboot. ( this clearly indicates a driver problem)

the problem is not just in aplication ( aka games and sound software) but also in browsers, watching a streaming movie or audio can sudently result in the lost of sound and even disableling the streaming software (divx and sutch) making it hang all the time untill you reboot the browser and unplug replug the keybord

I updated all drivers , all codecs, checked for hotfixes , disabled my internal realtec audio in the bios, set the Usb audio device in all aplication as main ( incl windows , tho its the only one atm) but sofar the isseu stays.

Logi Nu
Mantis187

im having issues with mine as well. it seems that it works fine with everything else music and whatnot but for some reason Black Ops will not play the sound from the keyoboard. wow plays through it as well as my other games but blackops will not. ive tried rebooting and everything i can think of. the game at first was running real laggy so i decided to play it through my main speakers and for some reason it seems to be running alot better but i wanted to see if i could get it to run as good with the headphones hooked up but the program will not use the headphones. not sure what else to do here any help would be appreciated

Logi Nu
Mantis187

good news just found out what the problem was. u have to go into blackops game options and choose headphones as well as the UPnP sound device works like a charm now. hope this helps some if they are having same problem

Logi Browser
Deathmaker06

I just got this keyboard yesterday from the sale Amazon was having and I am having the same exact problem with the audio. I've read around it is probably drivers conflicting but if that is the case I myself do not know how to correct it.  Also I was wondering if anyone had the keyboard suddenly flash on and off and disable for a few seconds because if not, I might have a defective keyboard i might need to return.

Logi Nu
G110AudioProb

I have the same problem with windows 7/64.. All of sudden the headphones stop working. The little speaker in the system tray says USB audio 100%. I unplug the headphones and mic, and the speaker tray gets a red X. Then I plug headphones and mic  in and speaker tray goes back to normal but the audio works.

For those people who were expected to use the keyboard audio at the same time as onboard audio--- I do not think it can be done. But you can select a default audio device in windows 7 control panel. For instance, my G110 is the default audio device but when I remove the headphones and mic windows 7 maps sound to another audio device.

The whole point is to be able to be able to switch from your 5.1 speaker system audio to a gaming headset audio just by plugging in a headset --- and not have to go thru a billion settings in control panel.

Logi Nu
G110AudioProb

Not true at all Ken.  All the games I play allow you to send sound to "Windows default device" which can vary depending upon what is plugged in or not.

Logi Nu
G110AudioProb

Well make sure you have absolutely nothing else plugged in to any usb jacks in your system. If there is a bad device which is causing the USB bus to constantly reset you could get problems like you have.

And try plugging it in to another usb jack just in case the one you are using is damaged.

Logi Nu
RedMonkey

[ Edited ]

I have the same "unplug headset -> speakers stop working" problem, I did read that this problem is known on Windows Vista (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912176). I upgraded my windows vista into windows 7, I wonder whether this problem is related to that.