Logi Browser
AdcUK
Accepted Solution

M1, M2, M3 buttons setup

I've been able to set the M1 with one of the presets under "Scan for new games". I would like to make some small changes to be active under M2 but I haven't been able to "load" the same profile under M2; all keys are "unasigned". Is there a way to load the same profile from M1 into M2 so I can make some small changes for the same game (i.e. a second profile for the same game that can be activated by pressing the M keys), or do I have to set every key manually?

I've tried making a copy of the main profile but when I press M2 and change the profile on the popup menu nothing happens, all keys still say "unassigned".

I just got my G13 and I'm impressed with the capabilities but really disappointed with the lack of a manual. So, any help will be appreciated.

kgober
Kudos: 779
Solutions: 475

Re: M1, M2, M3 buttons setup

a profile includes all the bindings in all three M-pages.  only one profile is active at a time -- the three M-pages don't get individual profiles.

the simplest way to do what you want to do is to make a copy of the profile, then make the changes you want directly in M1.  if you don't like them you can always go back to the original profile, or recopy it.

-ken

Thanks for your reply Kgober.

That being the case, is there a way to easily copy the key assignments from M1 into the other M "pages" so I can change it by just pressing the M buttons?

I mean, if I want to make minor modifications but keep the bulk of the keys as they were in M1 (different specs on same character for example). Is my only option to assign every key individually in M2 and M3 manually?

This is assuming it would be easier to simply press the M buttons to change key assignments, but if it turns out to be easier to just create a new profile... what would the M buttons be used for?

kgober

there isn't a simple easy way to duplicate all your bindings from one M-page to another.  you just have to put them all in again.

you're free to use the 3 M-pages in any way you like.

for example, in Battleground Europe (aka WW2 Online) I use M1 for infantry-mode, M2 for driving-mode, and M3 for flying-mode.  I switch between these using the M-buttons, depending on whether I spawn as infantry, a truck, tank or artillery piece, or as an aircraft.

but in games like WoW or Warhammer Online, I use M1 primarily for quick access to hotbar buttons, and M2 to bring up status windows (character stats, guild info, etc.).  in those games the M-buttons are inconvenient to reach so I use G22 as an M2 'shift' key -- as long as I hold down G22 M2 is made active.  when I release G22 it goes back to M1.  (actually I use G22 as a Ctrl key, and I double-press-and-hold G22 to shift into M2, but that's not relevant here).

for some games I only use M1, because there are enough buttons on M1 to do everything I need, and I simply don't need M2 or M3 for anything.

-ken

hi m8 seen old post of yours and thought id pm u as just got g510 keyboard and see u play battleground europe,, not set-up macro keys before so after thoughts on how u have yours setup for game,,i dont do air

kgober

on a G510 I wouldn't bother using the G-keys at all, except maybe to make macros to speed up the process of reporting enemy positions (specifically macros that can quickly type in a unit type with one keypress).

for me the primary advantage of G-keys is the ability on the G13 to keep my left hand on them at all times.  on the G510 I wouldn't be able to do that effectively.

-ken