Logi Browser
Z7Lcd

New G19 application: Z7 LCD Monitor

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I just posted an application for the G19 LCD. It can replace the Logitech Clock an CPU applications (that's actually one executable), as it displays CPU usage, date and time and unread e-mail notification, on a single page.

Instead of an analog CPU load dial, there is a load history graph.

Also, it uses less memory and CPU time than the Logitech application.

Check it out at Zyrion7: http://www.zyrion7.nl

Update: version 2 released on june 13 2009

Message Edited by Z7Lcd on 06-13-2009 02:55 PM
Logi Team
Chris_P

Re: New G19 application: Z7 LCD Monitor

Pretty...
Logi Browser
Revy

Nice :smileytongue: great to see someone working on some mods for this keyboard as much as I love it ive not really used the LCD screen for anything else but southpark, the screen supports bugger all games

Keep up the goodwork 27

Logi Nu
Maxilive

Great job :smileyvery-happy:

Keep up the good work! One thing I would like yo see updated if possible. When you press the "OK" button to zoom out to fullscreen mode that it could stay in full screen and not zoom back in after 2 seconds? :smileyhappy: 

Logi Browser
Z7Lcd

I made the OK-button function this way to help you locate the screen area the cursor is on, when you are lost, without having to look up and down again. I suppose I could make the OK button switch between full-screen and zoomed mode, so that you would have to press it twice to go back and forth.

I am just curious though, why would you like to have it stay in ful-screen mode? So that you can switch off your monitor and still see what's happening on screen?

Logi Browser
Jtvd78

[ Edited ]
I agree with Maxilive. I would also like the fullscreen mode to stay zoomed out when the OK button is pressed, not to have a two second zoom out. Could you also put a momory usage monitor in there?
Message Edited by Jtvd78 on 09-08-2009 08:38 AM
Logi Apprentice
WhiteHawk

[ Edited ]

Hello Zyrion,

I was wondering if you're still developing your LCD applet?  If so, would you consider the possibility of adding the ability to keep the zoom area fixed on a specific area of the screen?  For instance, to allow one to manually zoom into an in-game radar in the corner of the screen?

I presume the difficult bit would have been zooming an area of the screen and efficiently displaying it on the game panel (which you've done admirably), so would be difficult to implement the ability to make the zoom area static?  Suggestion; have the zoom stop following the mouse when a specific key is pressed and remain at current position.

Cheers in advance,

-WH.

EDIT: You state on your site that it doesn't work in games (yet), but I thought I should mention that it works perfectly well in a game I tested with: Battlefield 2142.  It would be perfect if I could zoom the radar on my game panel.

____
(o.0)
Logi Browser
Z7Lcd

WH,

I thought my app wouldn't work with any game that uses Direct3D output, since I only capture the standard Windows desktop (that is DC 0 for the programmers out there). But you are right, ie I was wrong. I tried a couple of games and saw that it actually does work  with some of them (Team Fortress 2, Flatout: yes, Far Cry 2: no). In TF2 the image is nicely centered on the target marker. Still, in a hectic game situation I wouldn't like to move my eyes away from the monitor.

Your suggestion to set the LCD to a fixed screen area is certainly doable. To make it easy to setup, I would think it's enough to let te user pick the area from 5 presets; all screen corners and the screen center. Changing the zoom factor when linked to a screen corner would still keep it in the corner of course.

So thanks, time for me to get busy with this again.

Cheers,

Victor

Logi Apprentice
eisenb11

@logi nu,

Cool app, is there any way to chance the color of the graphs? I find the gray hard to see under certain conditions.

Also noticed you have a picture of the ThermalTake Level 10 on your website. I have one of those on order although I've no idea when the warehouse is actually going to ship it... you thinking of picking one up as well?

Logi Browser
Z7Lcd

[ Edited ]

"Cool app, is there any way to chance the color of the graphs? I find the gray hard to see under certain conditions."

At the moment there are only the 5 preset color sets, that you get by pressing left/right. I might implement a custom color dialog. Maybe in a separate normal windows app, to keep the monitor memory footprint low.

As for the ThermalTake Level 10, I admire it, but personally I think my $700 are better spent on components than on a case. The owner of the zyrion7 site is a buddy of mine and he might actually buy one. He should buy an Art Lebeded keyboard too, the design is a much better match voor the Level 10 than a G19.:smileywink: