Logi Nu
ManDown

Re: New software available for G-Series keyboards

SpecialK

Windows 7

Start the application then run Task Manager.  In the Processes Tab click on (to highlight) the Image Name.  Now look at the Memory column for Lcore.exe.  Mine is running about 16,748K in private working set.  Next select the Performance tab and click on the Resource Monitor button.  On the Overview tab under the CPU heading locate your application click in the check box.

If I am Reading this right, at idle:

CPU Usage is between 1 and 22%

Disk I/O (page file) is between 0 and 11MB

Network I/O between 2 and 65 MBPSn with 16% usage

Memory is between 1 and 25 Faults at 36% of physical memory (Seems at little high to me.)

Comment KB 144,900

Working set 29,392

Shareable  12,632

Private 16,760

Hope this is what you are looking for.  I would just like the stupid to work.

ManDown

Logi Browser
EviLFazZ

:manhappy: Hi 'SpecialK' to be honest, I'm not sure but after I rebooted to see if it would help, it did actually work as normal and the system no longer drags/slows down.  The issue I have now, it won't actually auto change every 2 seconds as before, so anything set to be active, just makes the screen go mental and flicks throught them all in miliseconds (faster than the eye can see), so the screen is just a mess now :manmad:

I only LCDSirReal, MPC Media Player and of course profiles for games and PhotoShop only.  I' usually disable all the included Logitech plugins, as I find them all a little boring or useless to me.  LCDSirReal is a little small on the eyes, but has everything I need on one screen and use to auto change/rotate between that and MPC (if was active) too, allowing me to see it's timeline, details etc every 2 seconds.  Sadly, in LGS v8 this no longer works :mansad:

My entire list as stated previously (here: http://goo.gl/p4mD1) , still stands, as I'm still not 100% convinced if it's using more resources than it should and everything else is still the same :manmad:

Time is everything []^_^]

Logitech products: G110 Keyboard, G13 Controller, Trackman Optical Trackball (x3), Harmony 300i remote, C310 Webcam, K270 keyboard, X210 Speakers (secondary usage only as Denon AVC A1HDA is first) and, a 200 and 350 Ultimate Ears Earphones []^_^]
Logi Nu
Alex1Lover

I have a G13 but have the same exact problem you do. I'm running windows 7 x64 Ult. The software that came with my G13 the Application button works fine on "Switch to next applet" and "List running applets" but if I do the update which I like the updated version the Application button does no work on "Switch to next applet" and works on "List running applets" . I have been running updates and checking the Logitech website for updates or fixes for about 6 months or longer but nothing. I guess Logitech just came out with a new flashy broken update just to entice people to get and/or keep getting their products but not really concerned about fixing any bugs brought to their attention. I tried phone support and after calling 7x times back to back because the first 6x times when I got to the gaming section was disconnected the Logitech representative said to fix I must install the legacy and there is no word on a fix or if one will be available. I don't know the update is there on the website if the program does not give  full functionality of the gaming keyboard(s) and to think other than my G13 I was going to get a Logitech Gaming Keyboard and Mouse so I can have less gaming drivers and configurations running. I guess Logitech is not concerned with their consumers after you've already invested in there product(s).

Logi Visitor
Synther33

I've actually run into the disconnect problem even with the legacy software.  One solution I've found is to edit your game profiles and check mark to lock the profile while the executable is running.  This isn't an elegant solution, but it seems to have solved it for me.  And it seems to work the same way in the 8.0 software.

Logi Master II
SpecialK

If you get into that 'flickering screen' scenario, this worked for me:

1) Terminate LCDMon.exe in task manager.

2) Terminate LCDSirReal in task manager

3) Start the 8.0 Profiler

4) Restart LCDSirReal

Logi Master II
SpecialK

savannahmick wrote:

No!No! No! It keeps Nvidia cards locked at max clock like 7? I complained about this issue over a year ago and I guess they can't fix the problem or don't care. I'm glad I haven't installed yet would have wasted my time again! I mean what good is software for a gaming kb that won't work with Nvidia cards? Thanks for info on card idle issue!

Are you suggesting that while the software is running, none of your games are putting out more than 7 FPS?

Logi Master II
SpecialK

EviLFazZ wrote:
plugins don't have the option to  'auto start' with LGS anymore (e.g. LCDSirReal)

Well, I think the way it works now is that all 'autostart' enabled applets (When the applet registers with the LCD API, it has a flag that says it should be auto-started) are always automatically started with the 8.0 software is run. LCDSirReal is registered as 'autostart' so it should start automatically every time the 8.0 software is run. What you don't have is the option to not auto-start.

Logi Visitor
savannahmick

No way my system runs any game maxed at 60 fps I have i7-860 cpu and GTX Nvidia 480 both overclocked with 8g 1333 ram. Anyway what I was saying if you look back to end of last year in this thread I am the first one to complain that my gpu clocks stay at max (core 850/memory 1600) instead of clocking down at idle which keeps my temps a little high at idle and causes my fan to run at higher rpm to cool it and it's rough on gpu to run at max clocks also my wallet when light bill comes because I use a 800 watt psu. It also did this with last version 7.0 of software thats what I meant by like 7. I should have been more specific my bad. I know thats what causes it by using resource monitor and starting and stopping the app all by itself. Has anyone figured out how to use new version with fermi Nvidia cards? Thanks Again!

Logi Browser
EviLFazZ

[ Edited ]

I've decided to update my little list, as after a few days of messing with LGS v8 (64bit) I'm understanding it's method's and new GUi a little more but still somewhat angered by it too.  Even though this will probably go unnoticed by Logitech or anyone that can make a real difference or improvements, I'll still keep trying, because after all, this is an official Logitech forum… and I've been a Logitech customer since my much loved Amiga days :manhappy:

LGS 8.00.123 (x64) on a G13

:manvery-happy: Improvements I like:

• New interface is great and a little more intuitive [ Unchanged ]
  • Can even select your own icons (ico, images, etc) for each assigned application [ Unchanged ]
  • The Command Editor has been hugely improved [ Unchanged ]
  • The ability to name the buttons now [ Unchanged ]
  • Gaming panel and Display configuration is now all-in-one [ Unchanged ]
  • You can now fairly accurately set your colours [ Unchanged ]
  • The ability to Drag'n'Drop Commands makes changing anything very fast and easy [ NEW ]
  • G13 Mouse Emulation cursor speed works really well now [ NEW ]
  • The ability to print any of your memory sets.  It's basic, but works! [ NEW ]
  • G keys show the exact name given in the command [ NEW ]
  • Hovering over G Keys will show the full command name if it's longer than it can show [ NEW ]
  • Applets built for v7 work on v8 (Such as LCDSirReal, MPC and the crappy Duke Nukem Forever) [ NEW ]

:mansad: What I don't like:

• After running it for a little while the whole system drags/slows down a little, but if I quit it, the system runs fine again [ Re-Confirmed ]
  • It won't 'Auto cycle' through current active Applets (e.g. switches 'Applets' every 2 seconds) as you could do before [ Re-Confirmed ]
  • Mouse/Joystick sensitivity scroll bar isn't that accurate [ Not a big problem so moved to suggestions ]
  • 'Export all' as separate files to a destination folder would be nice [ Not a big problem so moved to suggestions ]
  • Third-party plugins don't have the option to  'auto start' with LGS anymore (e.g. LCDSirReal) [ I was wrong, they do ]
  • Setting the colour to white (255, 255, 255) gives you a bright violet colour and not actually white [ Product fault or software? ]
  • You can't use the accurate colour setting on a G110, only a palette window that isn't accurate [ Re-Confirmed ]
  • Colour synchronizing between 'G' products when you hit a Memory button does work any more [ Re-Confirmed ]
  • Joystick never really works as an actual joystick in most games for me [ Mainly the fault of games and not the G13 ]

:manmad: What is strongly needed now:

• Sort out the system drag/slow down issue... it's awful!!! [ Re-Confirmed... ALOT!!! ]
  • All the above I don't like need attention and should have all been included in this release [ Obvious I guess ]
  • The ability to 'Auto-off' the backlight on all products after a user selected time of inactivity [ Moved to suggestions ]

:manwink: Other suggestions:

• Possibly the ability to hotkey a pop-up of LGS within a game to show a basic view of the key layout [ Please ]
  • Mouse/Joystick sensitivity scroll bar isn't that accurate and could use a number/percentage indication) [ Please ]
  • 'Export all' as separate files to a destination folder, make backing-up and sharring 'LGS Profiles' with everyone easier [ Please ]
  • The ability to 'Auto-off' the backlight on all products after a time of inactivity (anything from 1 minute to 12 hours) [ Please ]

:mantongue: Product design faults:

• The 'backlight on/off key' on the G110 and G13 keyboard should be 'on' at all times so you can find it at any time easily [ Unchanged ]
  • The Joystick on the G13 always feels it's slightly off centered and can't be corrected (by force) in software either [ NEW ]
Time is everything []^_^]

Logitech products: G110 Keyboard, G13 Controller, Trackman Optical Trackball (x3), Harmony 300i remote, C310 Webcam, K270 keyboard, X210 Speakers (secondary usage only as Denon AVC A1HDA is first) and, a 200 and 350 Ultimate Ears Earphones []^_^]
Logi Nu
ManDown

I installed new version of Logitech Gaming Software 8.00.123.  Just as before it does not work with my G110 or any games at all.  I can create new profiles and save them all day.   Do you launch the game using LGS if so how?  I did not feel stupid when I loaded it.   Can someone help a 60 year old man out here, I have to be missing something.

Call of Duty

• World at War
  • World at War 2
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Black Ops

Crysis

Crysis Warhead

Crysis 2

Manufacturer: Custom Biult By Me  - 2009
Motherboard: SI K9N2 SLI Platinum, AM2+/AM2, ATX MS-7374-010, nForce 750a SLI Chipset, CPUs, Dual DDR2 1066
Processor:  AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz OC
BIOS:  American Megatrends Inc. V3.5, 5/6/2009
Memory: G-Skill  Dusal DDR2 8GB at 1066 GHz
HDD:  2 Seagate XT 500GB, 1 WD 300GB VelociRaptor, 1 Seagate 250GB

D-Link NAS  2 Seagate 1TB 
CD/DVD:  1 LG RW 22X GH22LS30,1 Plextor 24X RW PX-L890SA-28
GPU:  EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Superclocked AGEIA PhysX
PSU:  Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
Monitor:  2 X 22" Acer, 1 Samsung 22" Widescreens
Headphones:  Sennheiser PC-350 Headset
Speakers:  Logitech X-530 7.1 Suround Speakers
Keyboard:  Logitech G110 Backlit Gaming