CharlesB

New software available for G-Series keyboards

[ Edited ]

Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 is now available for Download (Windows only in this release). This is basically an entirely new release of the software, with a redesigned UI and a unified LCD and G-Key configuration application with a whole new core .exe. Download it and give it a try!

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads

Use this thread for any feedback you wish to leave. I'll be working with the engineers to improve future releases based on your feedback.

Logi Nu
SoLoR123

Re: New software available for G-Series keyboards

Application button is not working on G15 v2 if its set to "Switch to next applet", if its set to "List running applets" then it works fine. Also in old GamePanel sotfware there was option that displayed high priority applets first. Would be nice to get this option back, because with this option i could have AIDA64/Everest applet showing after bootup.

Logi Apprentice
chaosquall

the new interface is nice but on screen on the g19 the text for applications are too small

Logi Rook
Squall86r

confirmed

SoLoR123 wrote:

Application button is not working on G15 v2 if its set to "Switch to next applet", if its set to "List running applets" then it works fine. Also in old GamePanel sotfware there was option that displayed high priority applets first. Would be nice to get this option back, because with this option i could have AIDA64/Everest applet showing after bootup.

Logi Visitor
Trasd

[ Edited ]

When importing and exporting profiles (and presumably other file box tasks), the program does not remember the last directory used.  No registry setting for it either.

And, BTW - Thank you.

Trasd
Logi Visitor
Bohi2_OGU

[ Edited ]

This software is a no go for me;

1) The G13 has a onboard memory to store profiles inn in-case of mobility or as back-up.

In this new software there is no button or option anymore to get in that memory so all my profiles I add in before I did the update, I have no access too it anymore or  too copy in too it from HDD to G13.

2) After the update I reboot and vista came up with the message that he found a new application and try to install it, then that its not possible to continue, I looked in the device manager and there a triangle of yellow that its impossible install of the Windows slideshow.

3) Calibration is still not fixed for the mini joystick Control Panel/Vista game controller settings I use a workaround for it but it would be nice it will be fixed.

Against this I contact the helpdesk/ support long time ago and they didn't knew this or could fix it I give this workaround to them so they could do something with it.

Yes agree with it the layout looks nice to me as well!

Logi Visitor
Trasd

[ Edited ]

Possible MAJOR bug (at least for G13 owners)?

OK, either I'm going crazy or there is no way to assign the script option for any of my G13 G-Keys.  The "script" selection is nowhere to be found!

Help does not cover this.

Is the bottom section of the script editor the new "test script" area?  Because there is no test script option, either.

Help - I don't want to have to reinstall the old software.

Trasd
Logi Rook
Squall86r

no ability to start an application you have closed from the lcd manager is a bust.

Logi Browser
Avea

Does this new version include a method of stopping all currently running macros?

kgober
Kudos: 694
Solutions: 424

[ Edited ]

Trasd, if the new software is anything like the beta was, you no longer need to assign the 'Script' action to G-keys.  your Lua script always gets events for G keys regardless of whether they are bound to another action or not.  this can be very convenient at times, but it can get confusing if you have a regular keybinding assigned *and* you also have Lua doing something as well -- for example if you bind G1 to 'A' and also have a Lua script that calls PressKey('b') when G1 is pressed, then the result when you press G1 will be for both 'A' *and* 'B' keys to be pressed.

and yes, the test option seems to be missing.  or if it's there, there's no documented way to activate it.

right now, I think the new software is better suited to beginners.  if you are an advanced user, I think the old software is a better choice.

things are very busy for me right now so I haven't had time to install the new software on my main gaming rig yet.  so for day-to-day use I'm still using v3.03 64-bit.  hopefully I'll have time to install the new software soon.

-ken