07-23-2009 12:52 PM
I was using version 3.01.361 with a G15 keyboard on my G5, and all was well. I just acquired a G19, and I unplugged the G15, and plugged the G19 in. Much to my surprise, everything worked right away.
At some point a day later, the LCD panel lost its functionality, and now displays only a static white screen with the Logitech logo on it. I tried plugging it into my Windows PC, and the LCD works properly on it. I tried uninstalling 3.01.361 and I downloaded a fresh copy. After reinstallation, still no LCD functionality.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
07-23-2009 06:16 PM
07-24-2009 12:37 AM
I checked Login Items, and the LCDManager was already listed. To be sure, I removed it, then added it back in, followed by a restart of the system. The LCD issue persists.
I also noticed that the following file (com.logitech.lcdmon.501) appears in the trash (in a folder called "Recovered files." This seems to happen each time I restart.
Any further ideas?
07-24-2009 08:05 AM
That lcdmon file is something OS X generates when a file may not quit properly on shutdown.
Anyways, could you open up the activity monitor and see if LCDManager is installed there. Also, look in the LCDManager Preference Pane and tell me if you can see anything listed under Programs.
07-24-2009 01:39 PM
Thanks for the rapid reply!
The following appear in Activity Monitor:
G-series Key Profiler
In the LCDManager Preference Pane, the following are all listed as Running:
Logitech LCD Clock
Logitech LCD Countdown Timer
Logitech Performance Monitor
Logitech LCD Movie Viewer
Logitech Media Display
Logitech LCD Picture Viewer
Logitech G-series Key Profiler
Logitech G-series Scripting Display
07-24-2009 03:27 PM - edited 07-24-2009 03:29 PM
07-27-2009 02:03 PM
Well, after a fun weekend of troubleshooting, I finally tracked the issue down.
I was using a utility called ControllerMate to configure my G9 mouse (this has worked well, and hasn't caused any conflicts with previous keyboards, including the G15).
I had previously disabled ControllerMate (both on the main panel, and the ControllerMate Helper in the preferences) during troubleshooting. I noticed that the Helper was still running on startup, even though it had been set not to do so. So, I completely uninstalled ControllerMate, and voila, my G19 LCD is now back to functioning properly on my Mac.
Now all I have to do is to find compatible drivers for the G9 mouse, so I can program its buttons.
Thanks all for the help/suggestions!