11-11-2010 04:16 AM - edited 11-11-2010 04:18 AM
Basically, I think it's great, But I've got a few questions before I'm buying it:
1. Can I change the functionality of EVERY key in this keyboard?
2. Can I make macros for other keys besides the G keys?
3. If the answer for 2 is yes, then - Can I put timings in macros? (so I could configure J to actually press 4, wait 2 seconds, press 5, wait 2 seconds and then press R)
4. How many profiles can I have?
5. What is your opinion about the drivers?
6. Does it have Anti-Ghosting? (supporting the press of more than 4 keys at the same time)
7. If the answer for 6 is yes, how many keys can I press at the same time?
8. Can you change the brightness of the backlighting?
9. Does it have feet on the bottom? (http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Razer/Tarantula
10. (Last one for now, yay!) Does it have a non-slip finish on the bottom?
I think that's about it, I'll edit or post another message if I've got another question(s).
EDIT: just as I finished this I realized I have another question.
11. Can you run programs with keys? (press L to open your default browser, for example).
11-11-2010 04:50 AM
1. not using the Logitech software, no. but I think there's third-party software out there that will do this for the G110, or any other keyboard for that matter.
2. see #1.
3. macros can have delays, but macros can only be assigned to G keys.
4. lots. I wouldn't worry about ever hitting any limit (if any).
5. the drivers work well for most people. some people have trouble getting them to install.
6. yes, but only on the left side of the keyboard. excepting Caps Lock.
7. 5 or 6 keys at least on the left side. iirc.
8. yes, and the color as well although the G110 is limited to red, blue or varying purple combinations.
9. dunno. probably.
10. no idea.
11. with G keys you can. not regular keys (excepting third-party software).
I do not work for Logitech. I'm just a user.
11-13-2010 05:07 AM
9. yes, you can tilt up your keyboard.
10.yes, non-slip feet
I'm using 14 keys for web surfing, open tab, close tab, next tab, previous tab, open link in new tab, keys to launch applications, cut & paste, file explorer, arrow up and down, notepad, different own email address ...etc etc.
ingame macros for bc2, arma2, mw2 ...etc etc.
Addicted to G-keys, surfing sooo fast! Thinking buy G510, more color backlit, more G-keys. The only concern is what applets out there for the lcd screen.
Hope this help