02-25-2012 03:52 PM
Here is a thought, so i went through all the steps as mentioned in the above steps. Like i posted everything works etc... after all of it i changed the UAC settings back to the way i had them (one above lowest) then rebooted, on reboot same problem. Changed the settings back to lowest, rebooted and all back to normal. Before going over all steps just change your UAC and reboot? may work?
02-26-2012 06:30 AM
Thanks again for the tip.
But : Im not going to lower my security settings just because logitech is not able to fix their software. Also, LGS 8.00 worked fine without any issues.
So, UAC ist not the issue here, LGS is the problem.
02-26-2012 11:15 AM
Yeah True that. I don't see as lowering the UAC to be a security undermine (if you have the know how to controll a pc). Making the assumption that most users with this keyboard do? But yeah, to software for this device is worse then terrible.. there are so many things wrong with it. For the record there is not much differance between GPS 3.06 and LGS 8.20.74, that i can see anyways...
03-09-2012 02:27 PM - edited 03-09-2012 02:28 PM
Here's what worked for me.
1. Uninstall LGS
2. Disable UAC
4 Install LGS as admin
Works fine now. It was really annoying because I also have a G400 mouse that needs LGS. The mouse would work fine with the software. Once I added my G110 keyboard to the mix it would crash with a runtime error. The other software wasn't an option if I wanted both to work.
All good now! Thanks for the help!
03-15-2012 07:27 AM
Hello Running windows 7 64bit upgraded my G15 to a G19 so had to update the software also. Now the problem I am having is this run time issue many of you have reported, also my LCD screen is not running any aps
I have tried evey solution within this thread and a few others from other threads I have found and so far I still have no joy.
Spent 2 days on this so far and I would love to have this working properly. any ideas guys?
04-03-2012 01:46 PM
Found a problem
I get a Runtime Error with LCore.exe. "This application has req the runtime to terminate n an unusual way."
This will happen when I have my dell st2220t touchscreens usb plugin. The driver loads "Flicks" which enables the use of the touchscreen. I unplug it and Logitech Gaming software loads successfully. I plug in the dell st2220t usb cable and the Logitech Gaming Software crashes with that runtime error and if the dell st2220t usb is pluged in then start the Logitech gaming software the same runtime error occurs.
Faulting application name: LCore.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x4edfc6d9
Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace4e7
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0000000000042686
Faulting process id: 0x16a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd11d7dfab078c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\LCore.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b
04-10-2012 10:59 AM - edited 04-10-2012 11:02 AM
Wow. I can hardly believe the Dell touchscreen is actually the incompatibility here... but I just confirmed it. Unplugged the USB cable from the screen and suddenly LGS 8.2 can start. I had all but given up on this and had reverted to Logitech Gaming Software 8.0 which works but is buggy. Now I can run 8.2, but I can't use my touchscreen...
04-14-2012 02:38 PM
YES!!!! Finally fixed it.
Out of nowhere I started having this issue TODAY!!!! With the latest LGS (tried all versions from 8.0 onwards).
Nothing, absolutely nothing worked. My only option was re-installing 3.06.
So I tried re-installing the runtime libraries c++ 2005/2008 nothing worked. But I noticed that everytime I tried to start LCore.exe (even using elevated privileges) was eating 1.3/2.0gb of RAM until finally crashed with the Runtime Error, every single time.
So I started looking around and..... to my surprise I've found json configuration file with a similar size: HERE ---> C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\settings.json
I immediately deleted the g'dam file and IT WORKED!
Seems like at some point my configuration file got corrupted (I think) and when the software tried to read it, it crashed.
Give it a shot guys.
Omg, BIG thnx to u man! It`s workin!