Logi Nu
Holychell
Accepted Solution

g15 + Vent

I just got G15 keyboard. I can't get the display screen to show me who is talking in vent. I have the up to date vent, and I also try pushing that little circle button also.
Logitech Employee
Chris_P

Re: g15 + Vent

You have to manually enable support within Ventrilo.  Click Setup, go to the Global tab, and check the box that enables G15 support.
Logi Nu
Holychell

Thank you that worked for both the keyboards we got. :smileyvery-happy:
Logi Browser
PatriotsHeart

I have a new G-15 keyboard and a question. Support for the G-15 is enabled in Ventrilo. Is it possible to use the "G6" key for press to talk function without having some other key assigned as a middleman? Can I use the G6 key directly? If so, how? Ventrilo isn't recognizing the G6 key when I try to set it in. At present I'm forced to assign a key for Ventrilo and then link the G6 key to that key. Sort of defeats the purpose. Any thoughts?
Logi Browser
mattchu26

The gkeys themselves have always been meant to be programmable keys. The only solution to use the G6 key in vent is the solution you are currently using.
Logi Browser
PatriotsHeart

Thanks for the info. I was hopeful that possibly by now that may have changed since the G-15 has been out a while. I still feel like I'm missing something though since the G-Keys are programmable. I have to wonder if the G6 can be tied in directly to Ventrilo in the Ventrilo software with a different string, thereby altering the programming on both Ventrilo and the G-15, or if it's a case of the G-Keys are physically limited to the rest of the keyboard by the way the keyboard itself is designed. If it's a physical issue there's no point in looking further. The only solution then would be to buy a standard desktop mic with a push to talk switch on it and set the Ventrilo comm link to voice activated. Simulated Half-duplex, so to speak.
Logi Browser
Zypherpn

there are SOOOO many deep button presses u could use that you most likely wouldnt use in any other way, and bind that, some Shift-Ctrl-? type bind....

i personally just use ctrl, as i do on the keyboard, and just bind ctrl to the G13 as well...

it has its very minor drawbacks, not anything that causes greif....

Logi Browser
gobears

Using original G15 Gaming keyboard on MacPro 8-core running Ventrilo 3.0.4. In the Global section only 2 checkboxes, neither say anything about G15 support. 
Logi Nu
jeffcr

I am guessing this is a Mac vs. PC issue?
CharlesB

Ventrillo for the Mac doesn't have an LCD applet yet.