Logi Browser
Thesacksquatch

g510 not working on boot and error message when windows starts up

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, having a small issue with my g510 that i hope someone could find an answer for. I have had this keyboard for a few months now and has always worked fine. But just recently I did a few major updates to my computer and now I can't use the g510 on boot to get into bios. I also get and error message saying

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\

Logitech Gaming Software\LCore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have tried a few things to get it working. Legacy USB is enabled in my bios and I have all my drivers and bios up to date. One thing I did notice is that when I ran the Logitech Gaming Software as administrator it will work and I can use more profiles. Also I am able to use the basic functions of the keyboard without the Logitech Gaming Software.

Parts wise a am using an ASrock z77 Fatal1ty Professional motherboard. 

I do realize my motherboard is very new on the market and there aren't any bios updates at the moment so the only thing I can really think of is that it is just a problem with the bios at the moment and I need to wait for an update.

So hopefully someone has an answer for more. Thanks in advanced.  

Logi Browser
Thesacksquatch

Re: g510 not working on boot and error message when windows starts up

Well I fixed the boot problem but I am still having the run time error. Still need answers thank you. 

Logi Nu
MightyCV

How did you fix the Problem. You didnt wrote that.

Logi Browser
Thesacksquatch

I fixed the boot problem by installing my bios differently. I guess i didn't properly install it the first time but like I said, I'm still getting the runtime error. 

Logi Browser
Thesacksquatch

Well thanks to zero people I have found a fix for it.

I tried usuing the older "legacy" software instead and it works perfectly. Maybe the new software just needs an update for my hardware. But yeah go to the download page and get the one that has (legacy) just like that in parentheses and not the (latest version). 

CharlesB

The older software, 3.06, was a little less ambitious with how it tied in with your system. The error you're getting is basically some system fault that's causing LCore.exe to fall on its sword and kill itself. We've seen fixes for this issue from:

• Using a different USB port
  • Updating GPU drivers
  • Updating system drivers
  • Deleting the settings.json file in the LGS appdata folder
  • Installing LGS as administrator
  • etc etc

I'm reopening this issue with QA, so if you're still seeing the Core.exe error with LGS, let me know and I'll run you through getting some system dumps to me.

Logi Nu
10two11

Hi, I am having a similar issue with this motherboard and keyboard. I have also found the only way to get it to work is to use version 3.05.151, otherwise it just does not work.

I'm still to find out why I can't use this keyboard to access the BIOS, so any help there would be appreciated.