Logi Visitor
ObserverJLin

Difference between G700 & G700S?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am interested in knowing the differences between G700S and G700.

According to the information on Amazon US I found the new model has higher DPI. Although I do not plan to use that high a dpi on my 1080p screen would the new laser be more accurate/better than the G700 for fps gaming?

And below are my other questions:

1) Are the materials the same?

2) Are the dimensions the same?

3) Has the battery life improved for normal and gaming mode?

4) Will the new model have better response times compared to old model?

5) Have the buttons been improved to last longer?

6) Have the bugs (double click/click and hold) been fixed?

Please add further information that you feel I should know.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards

John

EDIT:

Found the technical specifications of G700 & G700S from Logitech's website.

G700 http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18021 

G700S http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41549

According the specs sheet, the higher DPI on the G700S is the only difference compared to G700.

Logi Guru
ktang0717

Re: Difference between G700 & G700S?

I think materials (paint, mainly) is different. Paint used for G700s is supposed to result in a more comfortable gaming experience. Something about paint to keep the palm cool and also whisk away sweat. Not 100% sure how.

Dimensions, I think are the same.

Battery life, don't know. Will have to wait and see after they ship to see how they do. I don't recall them stating that battery life was significantly improved or anything.

response time: not sure.

buttons: I recall reading an article stating Logitech tested the keys to last for more clicks (10 million, I think). I don't know if this was for left/right clicks only, or all buttons.

Logi Nu
Natai

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any further information on the button switches?  Were they changed from the G700 and tested?

After the obvious click & hold issues with the G700 - and Logitech's only solution apparently being for customers to send it in for replacement every few months - I'm a little gunshy.

A shame, because I used to be a huge fan of Logitech mice.  Hoping they fixed the issue now.

Edit: Evidently these are the same switches used in a number of mice (both Logitech and others), so it may be that the capacitors or some other issue is the culprit.

Logi Apprentice
DJCasper

Difference in Price

P.S. I do not advise you this mice. Why:

-bad quality of the drivers (very bad and slow support)

-bugs with button association and renaming

-G700s feels like a cheap wireless mice in your hand

-Wheel is not steady. You can hear it while moving your mice to the left and right

-buttons for your left pointing finger: They have a very terrible clicking effect

Logi Nu
SusiBiker

So, the battery life is still awful then. Thank you for saving me some money.

I originally thought the benefits of the G700 outweighed the need to plug it in a couple of times during a marathon gaming session - it doesn't.

My choices now are G602 for wireless, or stick with a wire on the G700 -

After looking at this forum, it's going to be the latter.

I've just returned my new G510s after four days because the left Ctrl key started to stick down - I think I'll wait until the G700 (in wired-mode) dies, then get something decent.

Thanks again for the information folks. You saved me a lot of grubbing around looking for it.

Best wishes,

Susi xx

Ad0
Logi Apprentice
Ad0

SusiBiker wrote:

So, the battery life is still awful then. Thank you for saving me some money.

I originally thought the benefits of the G700 outweighed the need to plug it in a couple of times during a marathon gaming session - it doesn't.

Logitech says the battery life is up to 8-10h of continuos use from a single charge.

g700 BL.png

Just how long do you usually sit on chair when gaming, without taking any brakes? I can believe that someone can spend an entire day playing games (WoW addicts most likely) but I wouldn't believe anyone who says that he plays games for 10+ hours in one single sitting. And if that someone actually does that, then he has by far a more serious problem than battery life of a gaming mouse.

I've had my experience of gaming almost an entire day but I've never actually gamed more than 2.5 hours in one sitting. I've had many brakes, from half an hour to about 1.5h - in those brakes I always plugged the cord for charging and by the end of the day the battery still had more than enough juice for the mouse not to die on my during the game.

[ Edited ]

Get a bigger battery? batteries have different mah ratings.  Bigger mah = more juice.  the eneloop battery that they give you is pretty legit, but if you want to extend it, get a bigger capacity NiMh battery.  

p.s. make sure it's a rechargeable battery else you run the risk of setting stuff on fire if you try to charge it.