Logi Browser
phaTx64

Enable Angle Snapping?

I've been using my Logitech G5 since it was first released to the public, about a year ago I bought a G9 (first edition) and unfortunately did not like it at all, the shape/size of the mouse does not fit my hand correctly for optimal gaming, to bad for me though, I bought it from "Circuit City" during their "going out of business sale", now I got it dirt cheap (compared to regular pricing) at $34.99, but that's $34.99 wasted since I can not take it back.. so I went back to the G5 mouse.

I like my G5 mouse, but I have one annoying issue with it, the ONLY version of Setpoint x64 I can use with it that works correctly is, Setpoint v3.10 x64 .. technically that version is meant for "Windows XP Pro x64 Bit Edition" (not Vista x64 / Win7 x64), but it will work with Vista x64 and Win7 x64 operating systems. Now, the other versions of Setpoint "will install" and operate just fine, problem is my mouse movement is "not smooth / precise" at all, no matter what options I apply, use Setpoint drivers / Native drivers within Setpoint software, DPi selection, Acceleration enabled/disabled, Polling Rate, etc.. nothing smooths out the operation of the mouse, it's really annoying, so I must fall back to Setpoint 3.10 and it works great again...

Well, this also had me weary about buying another Logitech mouse, the last two had enough problems to steer me away from them.. but I liked the "looks" and "specs" of the G500, it was shaped almost identically to the G5 and had the speed of the G9x series, still I steered clear of it, $70 to $80 for something I might have issues w/ made me not get it.. but then BestBuy had them on sale, it was $44.99 so I decided to get it, and thank goodness it operates very smooth and precise, though I do have small issues w/ the scrolling right now, but anyway....

I was going through the newer "Setpoint 5.20.40" (4.82.11) options, it seems to have alot more features/settings available, some I have no idea of what they are or do .. like "ENABLE ANGLE SNAPPING" .. I tried using the search bar @ logitech to see what it is, but when I type that in, it just brings up mice that use this feature.. so can someone tell me what exactly "ANGLE SNAPPING" is?

Logi Visitor
Bullveyr

Re: Enable Angle Snapping?

[ Edited ]

angle snapping (aka prediction/correction), SteelSeries calls it "FreeMove" and Razer "drift control" means that if enabled that the mouse will help you draw straight lines

for example if you move you mouse with a horizontal deviation of 2 degress you will still draw a perfect straight line

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.171793100/categoryId.35208800 (click on FAQ)

comparison pic (Salmosa has angle snapping, Abyssus hasn't)

it's up to the user to decide if it's a good or bad thing :smileywink:

Logi Browser
phaTx64

does this feature give you any advantages in PC games, or does it have no affect at all in games? I mean if it assists you in "drawing straight lines", maybe it smooths mouse movement in games, etc..?

Logi Visitor
Bullveyr

ofc it does the same thing while gaming: smoothing movements

It can help you track the head of an opponent as long both of you stay on the same altitude, on the other hand the crosshair isn't really representing your hand/mouse movement.

It's up to you if you like it or not, some do,others don't and the mayority doesn't care (or notice it).

Logi Nu
lastsamurai

gonna give this a try for my G500 love this mouse.thanks