Logi Browser
brazegoesmoo

G5 Gaming Mouse keeps Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Hi all,

I just started noticing a problem with my G5 Gaming mouse where the mouse would disconnect every so often then reconnect after being unresponsive for a few seconds.  It just started happening recently within the last month or so, and it's really frustrating.  Does anyone else have this problem or a solution to this problem?

Some extra notes:

When the mouse disconnects, the LED on top of the mouse depicting input speed turns off, but the lights on the underside of the mouse do not.

Thanks

Logi Nu
benetti32

Re: G5 Gaming Mouse keeps Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Check the USB cable near the mouse, it will be probably broken (you'll see colored wires). If your mouse is still under warranty, RMA it.

I have same problem but I'm going to repait it myslef, since I want to keep my beloved G5.

Logi Nu
William_syd

My orange G5 was intermittent in Win7.

A wiggle of the cable revealed some problem just where the cable exits the mouse.

I removed the front skate, rear skate and the p/n label to get access it the screws. Removing the screws allows the top to be removed with no plastic latches to worry about.

I lifted the cable from the plastic track that it lays in, placed a small loop near the pcb connector and refitted the cable into the track. The effect of this was to move the suspect part of the cable into the mouse and away from any flexing.

Reassembled the mouse and it now works as good as when it was new.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

Hi brazegoesmoo,

The issue you are experiencing as others have stated is most likely caused by a damaged cable, please contact customer care for your region as they may be able to assist you upto and including a replacement.

Logitech does not endorse opening the mouse and attempting to fix yourself. If you chose to do this you may void the warranty

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
silla87

I think i have the same problem with a G9, 1 year + 5 months of life.

Is the third logitech mouse i buy (mx500 + g5 + g9) and always make this thing. Is really annoying.. any chance to have it replaced (i never ask for the others...)

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

Hi silla87,

There is a fair chance depending on the particulars of the issue that it can be replaced you will however have to contact Logitech support for your region.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
mgntml54

I currently have 3 MX5 gaming mice. The serial numbers vary (LZK43900457, LZ91923, LN54788) and the part identifiers vary also (831048-000, 810-000636, 831049-000). These are not the only ones I have purchased, others were lost whilst traveling or discarded. I really liked them so when they started this annoying behavior I just purchased another.

The cables on all 3 are fine. Yet they ALL eventually started having this problem especially frequent while playing games.

I have suspicions that this is like Apple and its 'planned obsolescence' for the first iPods.

I have come to this site many times and never found an adequate explanation. The guy with the cable problem was a gift to Logitech as they provided an out. Now all responses say "check the cable"!!!.