Logi Nu
DZComposer

G5 and random sensitivity changes

[ Edited ]

I have a G5 mouse that worked fine under Windows XP, but when I upgraded to Windows 7 last week, it started to have a strange sensitivity issue.

At seemingly random times, regardless of what I am doing (games, websurfing, etc.), the sensitivity will drop considerably and the sensitivity adjustment buttons "lock," IE I press one and nothing happens, even the lights on the mouse don't change.

Eventually, it will return to normal, but at a seemingly random time. Sometimes hours, sometimes seconds.

Rebooting does not fix it. To make it go back without waiting, I have to unplug the mouse from the USB port and plug it back in. This happened before I installed SetPoint, but even after 4.80.103 with driver 4.82.11 I get the same issue.

Are there compatibility issues with this mouse and Windows 7? I did not have this problem until Windows 7 was on this machine.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I also have a Wave keyboard and LX8 mouse that I use in my living room with this machine (though not for long, the wireless range on this set is horrible). The LX8 does not have this problem.

Logi Visitor
mckie

Re: G5 and random sensitivity changes

[ Edited ]

I would suggest getting another mouse. setpoint and the G5 mouse have had numerous issues in Vista. And I suspect it will in windows 7. Just take a look in the forums all the problems with setpoint and gaming mouses. And Logitech really dosnt seam to care about fixing  any of the issues. I haven't had setpiont installed in well over a year because of the problems with there software. The only reason I still have the G5 is because it fits my hand good. Any input device I buy in the future wont be Logitech. There hardware is good but there software and costumer support have gone to the wayside.