Logi Nu
Shadnic

G500 Button problems?

I just got a G500, and I'm trying to set up my profiles...

First thing I notice is that the middle thumb button, even though it's set to "generic button" acts just like a left click. I try setting it to a million different functions just to see if I can change it (page up, volume up, etc), press apply for each one, and still it does nothing but act as a left click. I decide that it's not too important, and proceed to make a World of Warcraft profile.

I set the profile to automatically switch applications with wow.exe and launcher.exe (the wow launcher, just added it to be safe). I set the DPI buttons to generic buttons since I don't need to change dpi in wow, as well as that middle thumb button. In game, however, the DPI controls still change DPI, and the middle thumb button still acts as a left click. Furthermore, it won't even let me assign any key-bindings to these in game. To be honest, there's no way I can even tell that it switched to the WoW profile successfully when I launch WoW, but even still, I cannot get the buttons to function any differently inside or outside the application. Can anyone help...please? :smileysad:

Logi Nu
Shadnic

Re: G500 Button problems?

Oh, and also, it will only let me save 1 profile to the mouse memory? Is that right? I suppose that's not too big of a deal, but I thought there'd be room for more than 1 profile...

Logi Nu
Shadnic

Wow, ok, almost a week later and still nothing.

After messing with the software, some things took effect after I restarted my computer. Now, the profile correctly switches to WoW when I open world of warcraft, and the middle thumb button no longer acts as a left click (it acts as a scroll wheel click....which I stll don't understand because they're both assigned to be DIFFERENT "generic" buttons.)

The other two thumb buttons just act as a left click even though they are set as separate generic buttons too. Can anyone please just explain to me how to get each mouse button to function independently? I've set them all to generic buttons 1-6 or whatever, but a lot of them will do the same thing as another button, or just left click :/

Logi Nu
Rakker

[ Edited ]

*bump*

I bought a G500 Mouse last week. I got the same problems as described above. I tested and i found out that the following button are not responding in World of Warcraft:

- Middle thumbbutton

- + & - button (you normally use to increase/decrease dpi)

I hope this can be fixed quick. I really want to use the mouse where it is made for, gaming. In my case playing World of Warcraft.

Edit:

I found a work-around for now:

You need to add a keystroke (for example a key on your Num-pad) to the button that are not responding to WoW. After that it works like a charm.

Logi Nu
Benjamin Lund

Hello, i just bought a g500, i noticed i've just got the same problem as you guys had with the middle button on of those on the left side of the mouse, I wonder if you could like explain more how u did make it work, i do not get what u ment by that "You need to add a keystroke (for example a key on your Num-pad) to the button that are not responding to WoW.". Would appreciate it soo much if u could help me solve it!

Thanks
/B.L

Logi Nu
GeetarStar

[ Edited ]

If you have the Logitech SetPoint installed you can assign a mouse button with a macro to simulate a key press.

Quick tutorial:

-Launch Logitech SetPoint

-Make a new profile and name it. (Recommended)

-Click Basics and assign the profile to the game. This will make sure the changes you make don't reflect normal mouse usage when not in game.

-Goto Macro Manager and make as many macro keyboard presses you need. I suggest using the Num keys. Save it.

-Then goto Buttons and choose the button you would like to change, and on the right is a drop down menu  choose Macro as the assigned task. Select the macro you created.

Now you can assign keybindings in wow or any other game.

Note: This may noy be nessessary for all games. Some games have built in support for 'extra' buttons.

Logi Nu
kvikramg

I got the same issue too. When I play WoW , i have mouse buttons 4 and 5 which are the 2 thumb buttons assigned to my shots. I also like to have the right click depressed all the time as it pivots my character with the camera. And so when I spam button 4 with right click depressed the character moves forward ..which isn't good for a ranged dps.

Your theroy that the button 4 acts like a left click makes so much sense. Your keystroke macro loophole to bind unused buttons on the mouse   is excellent , can't wait to try it. It won't fixc the button 4 left click issue butatleast I can unbind it and use the spell on some other button instead. 

Logi Nu
DeepThinker

I know this is SUPER late for a response but I just had that same problem with the G500.  I just closed set point and it works fine now.