Logi Nu
Shahrooz

G500 double clicking instead of single click

[ Edited ]

Hi It's about 6 months that Ive bought my G500 couple of days ago it started to do double clicks instead of single clicking it's not always but about 20% of the time it's double clicking which is pretty annoying :smileysad: is this a hardware issue?

the other issue which appeared two days after this problem is that my mouse releases holding click like while I'm shooting in an FPS game and it suddenly stops and I should click and hold again.

Logi Browser
sawcat

Re: G500 double clicking instead of single click

Sometimes I have found that cleaning my mouse (make sure nothing in front of the laser in the bottom, no build up around the button plate) helps clear up the double clicks. But lately I am finding this isn't helping as much as before. I would hope it's not a hardware isss, since I've had mine less than a year, but some have suggested it is.

Logi Nu
Vetal_rus

A similar problem, it is very inconvenient to work and play, help solve the problem.

CharlesB

If you're seeing this issue, contact support and they'll assist.

Logi Nu
Jonis326

I did want to throw this out there for all of you guys having issues with double clicking. There is software out there (I cannot remember what) that will cause you to double click when you do not want to.

I am not sure if it is intentional or if it conflicts with Logitech SetPoint.

I used to play Eve Online about every day and had this issue of double clicking... only after installing I think it was yahoo (they install a tool bar that is automatic. If I remember correctly, this was what was causing the double clicking. 

So before you think its hardware-based check your software. 

From what I think is that is intentional from this software (whichever it was) for double clicking so you will click on things you don't want to i.e. ads or maybe they do it so you think you have a virus... Check out your installed programs and see if there is any un-wanted software installed. Start> Control Panel> Programs and features. Make sure there isn't something installed that you did not want. 

I hope this helps!

Logi Nu
BackYard

Same here. My mouse is less than 1 year old. It randomly starts double-clicking. It's very annoying especially when gaming, it's an expensive mouse, it shouldn't break like that. Clearing the pads and laser hole sometimes helps. Mouse works better when you click it close to the edge at the front side. If you click it  between DPI and the wheel it mostly fails and double clicks.

I'm wondering would warranty service fix this issue, because it should have 3year warranty?

Logi Nu
Mark_Foz

Mine started doing this yesterday (that i noticed, had a couple of days off games beforehand though).

Mines on my RMB, though it isn't always a double click. In BF3 i have hold to aim set in the options, and if i hold the button, it sometimes constantly switches as long as i hold, as though theres quite a few clicks. Mechanical feel and sound are normal for one click held.

Oh and it's very on-off, sometimes working as normal, sometimes glitching as above (wherever on the button i press, makes no difference). Mines 13 months old.

I've raised a question with support, suggest you do too backyard if you haven't already.

Logi Nu
komakaze

Shahrooz wrote:

Hi It's about 6 months that Ive bought my G500 couple of days ago it started to do double clicks instead of single clicking it's not always but about 20% of the time it's double clicking which is pretty annoying :smileysad: is this a hardware issue?

the other issue which appeared two days after this problem is that my mouse releases holding click like while I'm shooting in an FPS game and it suddenly stops and I should click and hold again.

** EDIT:  I still seem to be getting the problem. **

I got this issue too. Random double clicks when I only single clicked, and when I click and drag it's often as though I have released the button when I have not. I've found that if I change the settings in Set point it can fix it or make it worse.

SetPoint - > G500 - > Pointer - > Report Rate (adjust this).

I was on report rate of "500". When I increased it to "1000" the problem got worse. When I decreased it to "333" I noticed an imediate improvement. The problem seems to be now fixed for me. I still seem to be getting the problem.

I hope this helps others too.

Perhaps Logitech need to look at their software? I'm running SetPoint Version 5.44.5 and Driver Version 5.30.67 on Windows 7 x64. I will try un-installing SetPoint next.

Logi Nu
JJordan

I'm having this same issue with my second RMA'd G500 mouse. Click and hold is often released when I haven't done so, single click instead of double click also happens frequently. There is definitely a design flaw because my previous corded logitech went over 6 years before I had to replace it. This will be my third G500 in two years due to the same issue.

Logi Visitor
mwchang

Try this piece of software: http://www.experienceit.pl/download

I still think it's a design or product quaklity issue!! The problem happened after about 6 months of use. So you should contact Logitech for RMA anyway.