Logi Browser
SisyphusV

G600: How do I get horizontal scroll on the scroll wheel tilt?

G'day,

Just got a G600, and it came with back/forward assigned to the left/right tilt of the scroll wheel.

I'm using the latest Logitech Gaming Software (on Win8) and there is no option in the Command Editor to assign the horizontal scroll function (i.e. not in Mouse Function or any of the other sub-categories).

So, how do I map the standard left/right horizontal scroll to the left/right tilt of the scroll wheel?

Cheers.

kgober
Kudos: 734
Solutions: 448

Re: G600: How do I get horizontal scroll on the scroll wheel tilt?

try unassigning wheel left/right, or use "assign generic".  I don't have a G600 so I can't really test this myself.

-ken

Thanks for the Ideas, but unassigning just makes the tilt do nothing, and default/generic changes it back to back\forward.

It's a bit of a head scratcher. :smileyfrustrated:.

kgober

I just tried this using LGS 8.40 and it has mouse functions for scroll up, down, left and right available on the mouse function screen.  they are all at the bottom, slightly separated from the regular button functions.

-ken

You mean the Mouse Function screen that is a sub-menu of the Command Editor dialogue?

There are no scroll options in there for my G600, just buttons 1 to 5 and various DPI choices.

Logitech wouldn't restrict binding options for different mice would they?

The only new things I can find in 8.40 are a few Win 8 keys under the Hotkeys sub-menu.

kgober

the screens are customized for each mouse, so it's expected for there to be some difference.  but I have no idea why Logitech would leave those mouse functions out of the G600 module.  I'd guess it's a bug that nobody has ever reported.

I think you're going to have to contact customer support for this issue.  it's possible they won't be able to fix it, but they will at least be able to file an official bug report for it so that it gets fixed in the next version of LGS.

-ken