Logi Browser
topher86

Re: G700 and small mouse movements

Here is a report on the unofficial fix Charles provided me and I'm sure a few others.

The issue is solved! Even in normal battery mode, playing wirelessly is exactly like playing wired. Played a few rounds of BFBC2 and using the mouse wireless was probably the best mouse experience I've had with a game ever. After having to endure playing with the wire for a few weeks, the mouse in wireless mode felt incredible, and way better than anything I've ever played with. I was very accurate with it.

Things to note:

- If you thought the battery life was bad before... wait till you see it now. I barely got 4-5 hours of NORMAL battery mode, and the mouse was low, even after being charged for a good few days. I understand that they wanted you to be able to replace the battery yourself just by picking one up from the store, that's why they went with Ni-Cd, but the battery life on this thing from a single Ni-Cd batt is atrocious. 4-5 hours of gaming and I need to recharge? What's going to be like if I change to max gaming?

So Charles, yes the fix works, the mouse is now performing like a $100 mouse should. Hopefully they can package the fix soon and push out an update to the rest of you. Thanks Charles!

CharlesB

topher86 -

A) The mouse team is watching this thread, and the feedback on the tracking is what they were hoping to see :smileyhappy:

B) The battery is a 2200MAh NiMH cell, not NiCD. NiMH is pretty much better in every way to NiCD :smileywink:

C) Runtime should be longer than that, and we're investigating. Is it 4-5 hours from full to 1 green LED, or is it 4-5 hours from full to no tracking?

Logi Browser
hairylegs

where is the manual update located so i can test this out
Logi Browser
topher86

[ Edited ]

A. Please thank your devs/engineers for their prompt and working fix!

B. Yes, forgive me NiMH. Your standard rechargeable double AA if you will. 

C. 1 LED, but saying Low in setpoint. I didn't tempt to see when it ran out, but I shall try it next time and try to get a more accurate time from when I first unplug till when it completely stops tracking.

CharlesB

hairylegs - Actually, since it's looking pretty good, we're likely to just issue an update through the SetPoint self update. There's a good reason for that too: We can do a shorter QA cycle if we do it that way, which means we can get it through our software release steps quicker :smileyhappy:

topher86 - You thanked the engineers yourself by posting on here (They were the ones that emailed me the latest post on the thread :smileyhappy:. Also, please run it all the way out: we did our best to make the battery life indicators accurate, but twith all the temperature/individual battery/individual mice variables, it's possible that it's reporting low when it might only be half. Give it a full charge and run it to dead, turning it off when not using it for a time, to get the most accurate setting.

Logi Browser
hairylegs

[ Edited ]

ok thanks,. i just really wanna use my g700 . it's not like i cant use it now but , it has it's bugs ( which are being fixed). Right now, im using my Razer Mamba while i wait, but id like to be using my g700 :smileyhappy: . Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and fast updates.

Hairylegs ( yes, they are hairy)

Logi Browser
Hellium

Would it be possible to post the hotfix here on forum before it is released officially? I think that there are quite a lot of people that are waiting patiently here on forums for any possible solution, and as me are getting quite impatient that they bought it and now are waiting for several weeks without being able to use their device, and who knows for how much longer they will have to wait before it is pushed through officially.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Logi Browser
hairylegs

[ Edited ]

I agree. Im not like pissed or anything but... waiting isn't fun. I know everyone is doing what they can, and im thankful for everyones hard work, but its upsetting  having a semi broken device.

Thanks

Hairy

Logi Visitor
Kabigon

Same here. Just got the G700, and this mouse is fantastic. However, I am just waiting for this update to fix the mouse movement issue.

CharlesB

Everything is good with the new patch, and should be up on the update servers when the scripts run and it gets pulled online. Pending no disasters, you should be able it soon. I'll post when it's live.